• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    PEDOJOE is talking upping the Ethanol in gas to 15%.Was reading thru my early model Toyota 2006 owners manual, and it said I Can Not run 15% ethanol ,and will possibly due damage to parts of my fuel system. Toyota still stands by this even after the 2001 compliance.My 96 f150 is doomed. This dumb arse move may be costly to some of us.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Well of course kill all of our old vehicles to force us to buy those new electric

I don't know why we need these new fangled horseless carriages my horse works just fine.....

Last edited by a moderator:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thing is they do not care. Not in the least. If there is money/power and a plan to destroy our country involved, they will shove it up our backsides and not loose a minutes sleep. They don't pay for anything out of pocket or so it seems. If they did they would understand.
    Scratch that last sentence. They don't care. Period.

Well said. Added a little tweak of my own.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Even if it was passed, the ethanol plants and terminals would have an extremely hard time keeping up with the demand. Most ethanol plants couldn't handle a 50% hike in production.

And getting the ethanol into the terminals would be near impossible as I see it. Most of our fleets are stretched so thin as it is now, we (all carriers I know up here at least) are still short staffed and short on equipment.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You know, it about more than just 'forcing' us to abandon our internal combustion vehicles and buy electric ones.

It's about decreasing the mobility of Americans; easier to 'govern' if we can't communicate with each other (personal business, interstate commerce, etc).

Exactly. The puppet in the WH has destroyed the economy, destroyed our energy independence and is wanting to keep us from being able to travel as we wish. The economy the way it is will lead to a housing collapse so that we'll all be unable to afford homes so everyone will need to rent, or at least a larger percentage than who do so now. What does that sound like? Hmmm... :tinfoil:

Sounds kinda like that great reset to me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You know, it about more than just 'forcing' us to abandon our internal combustion vehicles and buy electric ones.

It's about decreasing the mobility of Americans; easier to 'govern' if we can't communicate with each other (personal business, interstate commerce, etc).
    If you can’t get gas it is hard to travel to DC for the insurrection…

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've had a long hatred of E-10, let alone now going to E-15.
    It's harder on fuel systems and reduces gas mileage.

E-10 messed up every carburetor in my lawn and garden equipment to where several years ago I switched to running only non-ethanol gasoline in them.
    Lucky there's a station in Lebanon that sells it at the pump.

On the subject of E-15, I remember President Trump talking of mandating it, and I was happy when it didn't happen.

Besides Gasohol being harder on fuel systems that straight gasoline, the idea of wasting corn for ethanol instead of for food is also stupid.

YES, when I used to have farm ground, it was nice that the price I could get for my corn went up, but it still didn't make sense.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You shouldn't be driving that old, unsafe, gross-polluting jalopy anyway. Putting yourself and everyone around you in danger by not having it crushed immediately. THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Imagine turning food into crappy fuel to burn in cars in the midst of a massive global food crisis.

Madness. We have the resources. Get government out of the way and drill them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Massive global food crisis"......OK

I mean, there's some issues transporting some food stuffs and getting specific ingredients in very specific circumstances because of that, but not because of a lack of supply of anything.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    "Massive global food crisis"......OK

I mean, there's some issues transporting some food stuffs and getting specific ingredients in very specific circumstances because of that, but not because of a lack of supply of anything.
    Tell that to chicken wings places, to my club, the shortages are real and likely to get worse, not better.

Top Bottom