• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    go ahead... rub it in a little more... had fun... yea yea yea (jealousy is uncontrollable)

Did you pick anything up to add to your courses, a little more insight or broader approach to something?

Absolutely, YES!

As we (ACT) typically announce at the beginning, we did not invent any of this stuff. We might repackage it in a unique way, but ultimately we learned almost all of it from someone else. Given that, as more information gets added to the body of knowledge, ideas, techniques, and how they are applied evolves. Part of the "adaptive" in our title is evolving along with it.

So, yes, I learned some new things and some new twists on things I already know. That was one of the primary goals of my trip, and I was successful in that regard. Some of the things are really simple, but just too obviously good to not pass on to others. Some are a little different way of doing things that will help us fine tune how we do and present information.

One thing we won't do is 12+ hours days! Of course, with a traveling company like DTI, you necessarily have to do a lot more at one time. Since we're local, we have the luxury of spreading things over more days and weeks or months.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Well, I've recently came upon Tactical Response pistol DVDs, and I have to say that everything I saw Mr. Yeager show, talk about and demonstrate (save the move n' shoot stuff) you guys covered and I am still working to retain. I am looking for the 200 stuff to come up soon!

You guys do an awesome job yourselves. I think being an ever constant learner is a must in everything one does anyways. Looking forward!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Too bad it's not closer to central Indiana. Otherwise, I'd be very interested.

Rochester is straight up US-31 from Indy.

It took about 2 hours and 10 minutes driving from Crawfordsville via US-231 to Lafayette, then SR-25 all the way from Lafayette to Rochester.

I need to decide which class(es) I'm going to do next year. I've decided I'm going to add DTI to my annual "must do" schedule along with Louis Awerbuck (YFA) and Doc Gun (who is affiliated with DTI).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Rochester is straight up US-31 from Indy.

It took about 2 hours and 10 minutes driving from Crawfordsville via US-231 to Lafayette, then SR-25 all the way from Lafayette to Rochester.

I need to decide which class(es) I'm going to do next year. I've decided I'm going to add DTI to my annual "must do" schedule along with Louis Awerbuck (YFA) and Doc Gun (who is affiliated with DTI).

Going to have to quit your job to get it all in.:D

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    +1 for DTI. I was in the May 8-10 course with rhino. (BTW, that boy can shoot). I learned a whole lot in a very short period of time. If you want to accelerate your learning curve, there's no substitute for having a knowledgeable instructor in your ear (or in your face . . .) every few seconds, letting you know what must be done differently or what could be done better.

rhino--have you deburred that 1911 yet, or is the rear sight still sharp enough to shave with?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    rhino--have you deburred that 1911 yet, or is the rear sight still sharp enough to shave with?

When I got home, I resharpened! It's a retention feature ... try to take rhino's gun, you get cut! HAH!

The guns I actually carry are a little less user-hostile. I've just been lazy about that gun, especially the corners on the rear sight. They're not too comfy after wearing it in an IWB holster for 2-3 days straight!

Thanks for the kind words about my shooting. You do pretty well yourself, sir!

Top Bottom