• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No surprise. He simply connected the dots that anyone with half a working brain could have done for himself.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I found it interesting (and more than a little concerning) that he chose December 7th 1941 as one of the "events" to justify possible drone strikes. Wasn't that an act of war by a hostile nation or did I learn it incorrectly? How would that justify blasting Americans on American soil?

For example, the president could conceivably have no choice but to authorize the military to use such force if necessary to protect the homeland in the circumstances like a catastrophic attack like the ones suffered on December 7, 1941, and September 11, 2001.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I found it interesting (and more than a little concerning) that he chose December 7th 1941 as one of the "events" to justify possible drone strikes. Wasn't that an act of war by a hostile nation or did I learn it incorrectly? How would that justify blasting Americans on American soil?

It fits. The drones (i.e., people who don't do anything useful) will never question that critical difference between a hostile foreign military attack and citizens with views the administration deems unacceptable as they take a widely known but poorly understood critical incident and accept it as a justification for drones (i.e., unmanned warplanes) being used to murder citizens without due process, trial by jury, confrontation by accusers, or even the formality of filing charges or getting some pinheaded judge to sign off on it. If nothing else, summary execution keeps the taxes and prison populations down.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Does anyone think a Republican in the White House would have come to a different conclusion? They all just build upon their predecessors, chipping away at our freedoms.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Strange isn't it, we're crazy, conspiracy theorists, we're nut jobs, as the left says. By the time they're done drinking the kool aid, the left will look like the bloated bodies that drank the kool aid in Jonestown.

They'll be looking at those who know what's really going on to protect them , from being sheep led to slaughter. From my perspective, let them go.
    They don't want to help us now, and I don't want to help the left ever.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Does anyone think a Republican in the White House would have come to a different conclusion? They all just build upon their predecessors, chipping away at our freedoms.

No I do not... Gee Dubya was the king of taking your freedoms

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Its no biggie, Holder says obama doesnt intend to use that power, so we should all be completely ok with this. My goodness this country is in for some serious bad times, i cant imagine what the world would be like when we fall, cuz when we go they all fall as well and probably harder. holy crap this sucks.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    :drill: Somebody keepin' track here?
    The Secret Service now has the authority to violate our 1A rights to assemble and/or speak out and arrest us if they see fit; our 2A rights are dominoing (count the state legislatures in reactionary mode while Feinstein & Co. make their moves from DC) and now the AG says our 5A right to due process can be thrown out any window if "extraordinary circumstances" are in play.
    Don't forget to pay your income taxes next month. :spend:
    G'night, gunners. Here endeth the rant. I felt safe doing it knowing there's no way a drone could fly over INGOiana in this wea.......

Last edited:

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We could propose a constitutional amendment against unmanned aircraft strikes on US soil. Anyone want to get the ball rolling on the White House petition website?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana

Think Americans of Japanese descent in the months after WWII.

Say North Korea nukes Los Angeles and the U.S. gov decides to round up Americans of North Korean descent and any that oppose them in the process.

People do stupid stuff when emotions and fear run high.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    374401_500746433296196_1241539553_n.jpg

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

Wellll...right now it seems only the Demorats are trying to take our guns away. Not that I have 100% confidence in any politician but I haven't seen one Repub support, sponsor or co-sponsor any gun control legislation in the last several years anyway. Dozens of Demorats involved at both fed and state level however.

Top Bottom