• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I worry about sweeping across everything from 10 to 12 o'clock with the crossdraw. If I prematurely , uh -- fire, I'd rather do it at the ground. But I think that training could make the crossdraw safe.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Depends on the situation. I train both hands, so strong vs weak is less of an issue. If I am going to be sitting a lot I prefer the cross draw, read like long car trips. If I am bumming around here in the woods thigh drop or strong side draw. No matter wear though it is some place I can get to it with either hand if need arises.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Always trained strong side. If I'm at 3 o'clock or later, I prefer a little bit of a cant, forward of 3 I like straight vertical. Unless I have a drop-leg holster for some reason, of course :P

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Find what works, stick with it, and train with it.

I personally prefer a strong side 3:30 draw.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I carry my primary gun strong side, just behind the point of the hip (more or less esrice's "3:30" description). I prefer holsters with a 15-degree ("FBI") cant or better, as I believe it helps with concealment. My drawstroke is the 4-point draw as taught by Firearms Research & Instruction and others:

1) Shooting hand achieves firing grip; support hand is brought flat against the upper chest (my thumb points upward and indexes on my sternum, with the tip about 2" below the sternal notch).

2) Shooting hand draws pistol straight up the midline of the body as high as possible; rotates muzzle onto target. At this point, my shooting hand thumb is indexed against my pectoral muscle, and the gun is canted outboard ever so slightly to allow the slide to clear whatever shirt or jacket I'm wearing.

3) Support hand slides across chest to meet shooting hand.

4) Punch straight out to full extension.

The real strength of this drawstroke is its efficiency; there is no wasted motion, and you can shoot effectively beginning at position 2, all the way out to position 4. Reholstering is a mirror image of the draw, and so helps build muscle memory twice as fast! :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Strong side draw, cross draw, other? Go!
    This guy is an idiot. I don't know how else to describe this type of carry and gun handling.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwhLpvyXO1M&feature=related"]YouTube - The fastest Glock draw, ever!![/ame]

The only good thing is that he is not using a real Glock. Still, some other idiot will likely try this and kill himself? Anyway, since you asked about drawing a gun, this is a good way NOT to do it.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Pull out pocket pistol complete with pocket holster. Wiggle finger into trigger area, fire first round. Check to see if blast or recoil has blown off the pocket holster. If not, fire again.

Continue until target is downed from rounds or laughter.

If all rounds expended and target still a threat, then either drop and pull other pocket holster & gun or toss off holster from gun with a strong over the head and downward motion while being sure to keep finger on trigger for leverage.

If revolver needs reload, then with a single hand and as much force as possible, swing out cylinder to reload - it will slam open. Practice until cylinder no longer locks up tight from the swinging out motion or until holster is on fire.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anyway, since you asked about drawing a gun, this is a good way NOT to do it.

In tears, this is great. Pre-Sweeping self - check. Pinning pistol into body when sitting - check. Making sure to use a downward motion against the trigger while pointing gun at self - check. Looking like a moron - check.

The wonders of airsoft...

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In tears, this is great. Pre-Sweeping self - check. Pinning pistol into body when sitting - check. Making sure to use a downward motion against the trigger while pointing gun at self - check. Looking like a moron - check.

The wonders of airsoft...

And the thing is, he's not even that fast.

Top Bottom