• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did this loon and his acomplis block traffic on Meridian St, so they could march to the governor's mansion?
    I'm thinking the timing is off on that theory. Or I'm thinking of the other street-blocking incident. I definitely remember the whole march to the Governor's Mansion last year. They went north so those of us getting off work at 2000 booked it to our cars. There was another group massing at Michigan and West Street. I said, "We can beat them."

That was also the night I realized I wasn't carrying enough ammunition.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why do they hate homeless people?
    I hate them because they steal Kroger carts, and if I get to Kroger before the "cart guy" gets to work at 10 a.m., I have to bring my own cart in from outside.

True story. The cart guy at my Kroger was outside having a smoke, waiting to clock in at 10 and he advised me to take a cart from the cart corral. They have a kind of "invisible fence" technology that locks the cart wheels if you try and remove it from their parking lot, but apparently it had stopped working for a couple of weeks because of a broken wire in the transmitter system and in that couple of weeks, they lost quite a few carts.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I hate them because they steal Kroger carts, and if I get to Kroger before the "cart guy" gets to work, I have to bring my own cart in from outside.
    Okay I have to ask, is your outside cart from Lowes or Aldi?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I hate them because they steal Kroger carts, and if I get to Kroger before the "cart guy" gets to work at 10 a.m., I have to bring my own cart in from outside.

True story. The cart guy at my Kroger was outside having a smoke, waiting to clock in at 10 and he advised me to take a cart from the cart corral. They have a kind of "invisible fence" technology that locks the cart wheels if you try and remove it from their parking lot, but apparently it had stopped working for a couple of weeks because of a broken wire in the transmitter system and in that couple of weeks, they lost quite a few carts.

At least you're honest!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I also hate the people that are too lazy to return the carts to the cart corrals! I mean seriously. You leave a cart literally 2 parking spaces from the cart corral?? :xmad:

I'm an equal opportunity hater.
    I hate that people are too ******* lazy to get a job when employees are advertising all over "help wanted".

I have a pad of job applications I keep with me...when approached by these clowns for "help" I give it to them and say, "Just take this over there where that sign is".

My sympathy was worn down to a nub long ago....and now the nub is gone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hate that people are too ******* lazy to get a job when employees are advertising all over "help wanted".

I have a pad of job applications I keep with me...when approached by these clowns for "help" I give it to them and say, "Just take this over there where that sign is".

My sympathy was worn down to a nub long ago....and now the nub is gone.
    I don't think I ever really had a nub. Most of the "beggars" are scammers. For those that have truly fallen on hard times, there are resources available.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Starbucks does not even have good coffee. The stuff I grind at home and run through a French press beats it hands down....

They are good at marketing...not good at coffee.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Starbucks does not even have good coffee. The stuff I grind at home and run through a French press beats it hands down....

They are good at marketing...not good at coffee.
    I have to recant my original story. When I went to Australia in 2000, I was at the Indy airport and went to the Starbucks there. I had 3 double espressos because I wanted to stay awake as long as I could so I would time my waking up to Australia's morning. It was about an 18 hour flight.

When I ordered my second one the cashier kind of gave me a funny look. When I ordered my 3rd, she looked at me like I was insane and said, "This one's on the house." :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You cant steal carts from Aldi's they have the quarter kidnapping system. They hold your quarter hostage in the little thing until you return the cart to the front.
    That's a great system! I'll often catch someone returning their cart and just hand them my quarter. Sometimes they give me the cart without taking my quarter. When that happens, I leave the cart in the cart corral with the quarter left in it to pay it forward. :thumbsup:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The last time I was in Indy I went past this store while taking my morning walk. The homeless/panhandlers were hitting people up for money while drinking Starbucks. It was an interesting reflection of our current culture; people that don't work but can still afford the most expensive coffee begging money from people that are heading to work.

Top Bottom