• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I hope they show up at the poles instead of the polls!

Stripper-Pole.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And people wonder why there's a backlash.......

Yep. Downtown reduced to what it was nearly 40 years ago when it comes to foot traffic and people spending money. That's progress alright. So many things I want to say, but most of them would probably earn me the hammer, and rightfully so.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was in downtown Indy today for the first time since the riots. Really sad, looked like a war zone and was told it looks much better now than a couple weeks ago.

I got to Indianapolis today to take care of some business and visit some family. I had some time afterwards so decided to head to the mile square and through the Mass Avenue areas to see how things looked.

Numerous businesses in these areas have been fighting to survive under "orders" from a mayor and a governor that kept them crippled or shut down for months. Once "allowed" to reopen, it has been under very restrictive conditions which may do little to actually help save the businesses. Now, thanks to the current events and the mayor's curfew which no doubt will only be enforced strongly against businesses, the businesses will continue to take hits.

The area was pretty empty, particularly for a sunny June Saturday when it is 80 degres.

Most of the buildings in the area are covered in plywood. Many had barricades erected around them. The plywood and barricades were covered with graffiti. The graffiti that was on the Soldiers and Sailors monument appears to be getting cleaned up a bit. If you have ever dealt with graffiti, you know the "cleaning" leaves its own marks and damage to the surface.

Much of the graffiti read "Black Lives Matter", "**** the cops", and similar slogans. It's a great look that should do wonders for the residents of Indianapolis and those in business to serve those residents.

Many are quick to point out that the "protesters" and "rioters" are two different groups. Maybe. Regardless, both are significantly responsible for the current situation in the downtown Indianapolis area I visited today. They may be "different groups", but there seems to be a hell of a lot of overlap and synergy between them.

What ever degree of empathy I may have had or may have been fostering for these groups was completely and utterly destroyed today.

They complain about "food deserts", "lack of access to health care facilities", "neglected conditions of the neighborhood", and so forth yet are clearly more than willing to make areas undesirable for investors and business owners/ operators looking for a return on their capital as unappealing as possible.

At this point, they can **** themselves all the way to Hell for all I care.

Again, they can go **** themselves all the way to Hell for all I care.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I wonder if Holcomb had the ability to step in and take action with the rioters. Maybe send state troopers?
    Genuinely asking as I'm unsure if he has any power at this level, or maybe he did and I'm unaware.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    What's happening Sunday?

The plan is to drop the Dreasjon Reed OIS findings that day. Numerous entities, including my volunteer group at DHS, are preparing for mass civil disturbance. If they are pulling my volunteer group into multiple operational periods for logistics and support, then they think that announcement isn’t going to make (some) people happy.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The plan is to drop the Dreasjon Reed OIS findings that day. Numerous entities, including my volunteer group at DHS, are preparing for mass civil disturbance. If they are pulling my volunteer group into multiple operational periods for logistics and support, then they think that announcement isn’t going to make (some) people happy.

Good article on the whole deal. He's the Facebook Live dude.

https://www.wibc.com/blogs/hammer-a...le-for-his-own-death-racism-was-not-a-factor/

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

To bad you guys can't spray this into the crowd when they start devolving into chaos and looting...

Crowd Control

Mistral Security, Inc. provides “Skunk”, a non-lethal malodorant for use in dispersing unruly crowds, and quelling disturbances where the use of less-lethal technologies or irritants may not be required. The unique capability of Skunk is to disperse highly motivated individuals and to dissuade potential violent escalations while causing no harm to humans and/or the environment.

Skunk is a water based, biodegradable, vile smelling liquid. The stench of Skunk immediately causes individuals and crowds to cease their activities in order to avoid the smell. It is an effective tool - that provides law enforcement the capability to rapidly and effectively disperse highly motivated individuals or to dissuade unruly crowds from potential violent escalations. Skunk is a unique solution in Crowd Control product offerings to law enforcement, public safety and security organizations.

Applications include, but are not limited to, border crossings, correctional facilities, demonstrations and sit-ins. Decontamination soap is available to mitigate the odor.

Top Bottom