• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    If you have real estate, not your primary residence, and you elect to sell you can avoid capital gains by rolling over the property in a like kind new property. It's called a 1031 Exchage. You defer capital gains until some other time. You cannot take possession of the funds and you must use a Qualified Intermediary to close the transaction. You would have 45 days to identify up to 3 potential properties and a max of 180 days to close. Most commerical brokers and Title Companies can answer any questions
    Former VP Biden is going to do away with the 1031 exchange as well. Wouldn't want to give people a way around the new taxes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It doesn't matter if Biden is still in office or not. His dreadful laws and rules will continue on.
    It has to do with revenue and can be modified using reconciliation, which takes only one more Republican senator. And if tax policy whipsaws back and forth as the WH changes hands, it will not be a bad thing if people come to realize that the economy and taxes always get worse when a Dem is at the helm

steverino

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    39 to 43 percent? Geez! I know when you look at it, it seems like only the wealthy will have to pay, but not necessarily. For instance, we (my mother) own property in Texas worth in excess of $1.5 million. If I inherit, do I have to give 40% of that away? Because I can't pay $400K in taxes, nor can my siblings.

Stock market will probably continue to decline as those million dollar earners will want to get out at 20% as it is now, and not have to pay 40% later. I think this is where the meltdown begins.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/stocks-tumble-biden-capital-gains-tax-plan
    When you inherit property you receive a step up in basis to the fair market value at the date of death. The net effect is no taxable gain. However, Biden wants to eliminate the step up provision. This has been tried before but didn’t pass. Most people don’t know the original basis of inherited property.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This thread has not aged well, and it’s not even that old. Stock Market under Biden strongest start since 1961. But I’m not so foolish as to place credit for that with Biden; like many Trumpers did.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This thread has not aged well, and it’s not even that old. Stock Market under Biden strongest start since 1961. But I’m not so foolish as to place credit for that with Biden; like many Trumpers did.

That's a pretty positive article I guess the MSM likes a good stock market now that a democrat is President.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Google it. Forbes, Bloomberg, and many others are stating we are looking at a 30 to 40 percent "market correction" sometime in 2021. I chickened out. Once we hit 31,000 dow, I moved my money into money market. I know, I lost some money in the long run, but when it starts to tank, everyone and their brother will be trying to cash out, and you may not be able to catch up in time to save your investments. I learned my lesson from 2008....

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I'm not seeing it in my holdings.

Things have been trending downwards, as I watch gold keep climbing for the moon. The euro and the pound keep gaining against the dollar.
    All signs point to troubled waters, in my estimation.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm not seeing it in my holdings.

Things have been trending downwards, as I watch gold keep climbing for the moon. The euro and the pound keep gaining against the dollar.
    All signs point to troubled waters, in my estimation.
    FSMAX is up 12%.try some index funds

Top Bottom