• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't believe Coats will make that mistake again. And Donnelly just said he's committed to look at legislation to address the shooting. Looking at legislation to address issues is his job. I may be wrong, but I don't see anything to cry wolf about.

I hope you are right.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I remember all of the libertarians over on the general political forum bad mouthing Mourdock. Wonder how long it will take for people to realize how much they screwed up by voting for Donnelly.

Who voted for Donnelly? Murdock didn't EARN my vote.

Blaming voters that voted libertarian is absurd. Republican voters never showed up to the polls.

Oh and maybe we should span this guy with calls, email, and letters.

Oh wait, the Indiana gun owner is a lazy one. Perhaps we can get some sort of hand out if they participate in the political process.

Ah, Nevermind. They are still too lazy.

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I couldn't in good conscience vote for Murdock. Not because what he said vs what I believe he was trying to express, but because (among other things) he wasn't smart enough as a politician to avoid the stupid question in the first place.

I also have to agree with turnandshoot. Even if the libertarians voted republican, it wouldn't have helped Murdock

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Who voted for Donnelly? Murdock didn't EARN my vote.

Blaming voters that voted libertarian is absurd. Republican voters never showed up to the polls.

Oh and maybe we should span this guy with calls, email, and letters.

Oh wait, the Indiana gun owner is a lazy one. Perhaps we can get some sort of hand out if they participate in the political process.

Ah, Nevermind. They are still too lazy.

^^^^^^^^^^
    So much this.

Mourdock defeated himself with that stupid abortion comment. I know what he was trying to say, but it doesn't matter. He destroyed himself when he easily could have just said nothing or just mouth some platitudes. If you are looking to assign blame, you should be looking squarely at Mourdock and the Republican machine.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Mourdock shot us all in the foot with his big mouth.

Yeah, Donnelley will vote for whatever bans come before him. On the bright side, Lugar would have already been leading the chase to get another ban passed after last Friday.

The question mark is Dan Coates. Lugar convinced him to change his vote and betray all of us back in 1994. Garrison said he'd learned his lesson when trying to get him elected two years ago. I am not confident that he will do the right thing if and when these bans are on the floor for a vote.
    They are both political punks and I expect them both to sell us out! I fear our only hope of stopping or even scaling this thing back to "94" levels, is in the House! I know, at least, I don't have to worry about Jackie Walorski not until she has been in Washington a bit longer, at any rate.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Thompson said all sides should be at the table, “but you’re not going to solve this issue by arming every school teacher or every principal.”

Yea there would have been no chance at all to save anyone if this were the case.

Makes me sick.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Thompson said all sides should be at the table, “but you’re not going to solve this issue by arming every school teacher or every principal.”

Yea there would have been no chance at all to save anyone if this were the case.

Makes me sick.
    Not all of the teachers want to be armed, but arming 10% of them should do the trick!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Makes me sick.

Anti-Constitution sides should not be at the table.
    In fact if they try to pull up a chair they ought to be beaten and thrown out.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Not all of the teachers want to be armed, but arming 10% of them should do the trick!

I agree.. You have a school with 100 plus teachers and just 5 of them decide to protect the children, that gives them a much better chance then nothing. Just spread those teachers classrooms around strategically so that in a shtf scenario someone is always near by.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    I think Senate gave him an office in the basement. If he wants to move above ground and join the "club" he will have to follow the leader. Let him know what you think about gun control and the possibility of a one-term senator from Indiana.

Senator Joe Donnelly
    B33 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I couldn't in good conscience vote for Murdock. Not because what he said vs what I believe he was trying to express, but because (among other things) he wasn't smart enough as a politician to avoid the stupid question in the first place.

I also have to agree with turnandshoot. Even if the libertarians voted republican, it wouldn't have helped Murdock

From a pragmatic standpoint I don't care what he said as long as he would vote against any new gun control, which I sure he would have. As it is, a sure yea was sworn in.

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    From a pragmatic standpoint I don't care what he said as long as he would vote against any new gun control, which I sure he would have. As it is, a sure yea was sworn in.

Why are you sure he would have? I'm not.

From a pragmatic standpoint, what he says makes a huge difference. If he can't politic his way out of a question, how would he be any kind of effective in office? Even if he was completely pro 2a that is only one thing. There are many things I didn't like about him. Please don't take my post as an endorsement for Donnelly, he didn't get my vote either.

Top Bottom