Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Vah, we will just start a recall referendum on Myers. No biggie and then have another election

As far as I know, the Indiana constitution does not provide a means for recall of an elected governor. (Or was there some implied purple that I missed?)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    As far as I know, the Indiana constitution does not provide a means for recall of an elected governor. (Or was there some implied purple that I missed?)

No I do admit I use a lot of implied purple. But I had brought up recalling a governor and why we don't push for the ability to do so a few months back. I guess in a way maybe it is implied purple but I sure would like to know to the conversation towards getting that power for the people

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No I do admit I use a lot of implied purple. But I had brought up recalling a governor and why we don't push for the ability to do so a few months back. I guess in a way maybe it is implied purple but I sure would like to know to the conversation towards getting that power for the people

I assume it would have to be a referendum to amend the constitution.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ive never voted for a non major party candidate in my life (local elections not counting). Today I voted for Rainwater. Im going to be so pissed if Myers wins by 1 vote.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive never voted for a non major party candidate in my life (local elections not counting). Today I voted for Rainwater. Im going to be so pissed if Myers wins by 1 vote.

Just understand you voted your conscience. Regardless of the outcome, you spoke your voice, not what the masses wanted to hear. Better to vote your conscience than to fall in line and vote what the masses say you SHOULD vote. F them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hope this works out for you guys. Curious to see how it plays out if he can get elected

As much as this was not in my mind to do CKW and I were just amazed at how poorly Holcomb did in the debate in light of his falling numbers. To say what he did about Constitutional carry in these heated times over gun ownership showed that he is a complete stooge. And not just on that topic. He is just trying to pander across a wide base to keep his cushy job and all the perks there-in. Rino pure and simple as so many others have pointed out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As much as this was not in my mind to do CKW and I were just amazed at how poorly Holcomb did in the debate in light of his falling numbers. To say what he did about Constitutional carry in these heated times over gun ownership showed that he is a complete stooge. And not just on that topic. He is just trying to pander across a wide base to keep his cushy job and all the perks there-in. Rino pure and simple as so many others have pointed out.
    I've come to the same conclusion. And I started out in the same camp as you, but reading the stuff posted here and reading more about him, and given Holcomb's recent actions especially, my mind has been changed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We're going to try again tomorrow at our early voting site. Got there about 15 minutes after they opened this morning and there was a line almost 2 blocks long, and not a "socially distanced" line either. I was expecting a line but really wasn't expecting it to be that long. Hoping if we go at 10 tomorrow, some people might be in church and it won't be so long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom