• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I’ve had a few parts I’ve been keeping an eye on and they go through the typical sale rotation (where PSA just changes the name- ie, Christmas becomes New Years and so on) but noticed the price never actually changes. No free shipping or other deals, either.

Even during short periods where there is no Holiday to have a sale for, the price remains the same. Seems pretty disingenuous or am I missing something?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've seen sales from them before where they've sold things at a pretty decent discount. I've even seen them have just every day lower prices. I just ordered a gun from them that they had listed at $200 off what every other shop I could find had it for. YMMV

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That seems to be more and more common with businesses. I saw a video where someone in WalMart was showing the prices behind their Black Friday sale prices. There were all the same or lower.

I wouldn't be expecting a sale on something that sells well or regularly. Sales are generally to clear out inventory that isn't moving.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    They do have discounted prices on stuff. I haven't followed much lately, but for a while last year they would have lower/upper combos for lower than you'd normally see. $400-$500. They also offer lower/upper combos with the dagger. There are a few accounts on twitter, if you are on it, that mirror PSAs discounts for the period.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I've seen sales from them before where they've sold things at a pretty decent discount. I've even seen them have just every day lower prices. I just ordered a gun from them that they had listed at $200 off what every other shop I could find had it for. YMMV
    Oh they’re cheaper than the competitors for sure. But that’s in general. What I take issue with, is affixing these sale banners to the listings to get people excited and move inventory, when there is no actual sale. I can’t imagine they’ve got issues moving product at the normal price they sell said products for.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh they’re cheaper than the competitors for sure. But that’s in general. What I take issue with, is affixing these sale banners to the listings to get people excited and move inventory, when there is no actual sale. I can’t imagine they’ve got issues moving product at the normal price they sell said products for.

I agree, but on the other hand, most if not all other places are doing the same thing... :dunno:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    hRne4n1.png

AR for sub $450

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    What’d ya get????!!!!:ar15::shoot:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That seems to be more and more common with businesses. I saw a video where someone in WalMart was showing the prices behind their Black Friday sale prices. There were all the same or lower.

I wouldn't be expecting a sale on something that sells well or regularly. Sales are generally to clear out inventory that isn't moving.
    The best one ever I saw in person. (walmart) They marked up an item 16% with a "new lower price" flag attached to it. Apparently the worker didnt appreciate the lie so they stuck it NEXT to the old tag on the peg hook, not over the top like they were supposed to. So you could see the $8 jump wasnt a cheaper price.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    The best one ever I saw in person. (walmart) They marked up an item 16% with a "new lower price" flag attached to it. Apparently the worker didnt appreciate the lie so they stuck it NEXT to the old tag on the peg hook, not over the top like they were supposed to. So you could see the $8 jump wasnt a cheaper price.
    But it was a NEW lower price. $8 more than before, but still cheaper than the price of the Ferrari they were comparing it too…

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I've been watching the Dagger frames that are normally $99, they have been lowered to $49 last one I picked up. Maybe that will be the new price but I doubt it.
    I’ve been looking at one too. $49, on and off “sale” over the past year or so. Lower prices are great. Just don’t call it a “sale” to get people to act on it immediately. And I don’t buy the slashed price. The Manufacturer can post any MSRP they want and then sell it for a normal price, giving the consumer the impression they’re getting an incredible deal. The slashed MSRP is meaningless.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    IMG_5067.jpeg
    In the email I got from them yesterday, regular price 1999.99 “today only” 1299.99…so, today only, it’s msrp!…after yesterday it’s back up to 1999.99 plus shipping!

It’s like gander mountain never went out of business!

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I've had the same experience with PSA. Worst ever was one time I had a $25 gift card, and I wanted to get a stripped AR lower. I saw they had blems for $29.99, and thought I'd go with that, but hadn't actually got around to ordering it yet. A couple days later I saw an email in my inbox from them saying Memorial Day sale on stripped lowers, and I though, "Oh, cool, I was planning to get one anyways." Opened the email, and saw the same blemished stripped lower listed as $39.99. :xmad: Waited a week or so until the "sale" was over, and the price went back to $29.99.

Waldojr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 22, 2020
    West
    My favorite sale was the Dagger threaded with a cool slide and ak47 bundle for $850 shipped. I just looked and that would be 1250+ today.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I get their emails. They do have sales on things randomly. If there is something I need "eventually" then I'll scour their emails. I got their 1x prism optic for $40 off recently. If it's something I need quickly, just wait a week or two and they will have 11-12% off. Primary Arms and Palmetto State are the 2 I watch regularly.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I’ve been looking at one too. $49, on and off “sale” over the past year or so. Lower prices are great. Just don’t call it a “sale” to get people to act on it immediately. And I don’t buy the slashed price. The Manufacturer can post any MSRP they want and then sell it for a normal price, giving the consumer the impression they’re getting an incredible deal. The slashed MSRP is meaningless.
    I don't look at it that way, if I'm confident it's a good price I jump on no matter what they choose to call it. Just my take. Considering what frame internals cost for a Glock (the only reference I have) I can't buy the parts without the frame for 50 dollars.

Top Bottom