Do YOU think Israel will strike Iran before the election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will Israel strike Iran before the election?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This seems to be one of the lead stories of late. Iran has certainly does its part in rattling sabers. Israel is caught between a rock and a hard place.

I don't know what to think. I could make an argument for either one.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I doubt US politics have much to do with the timing. Any "news" we hear from US media would be trying to force our perspective, and not theirs. Unless Israel waits to see if Obama is voted out, so they would have more US support.

Any major political or cultural events in Iran or Israel in the next few months? If someone would make a move, it would more likely coincide with something more local.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't know that I see Israel striking at all. Iran today is not Iraq 1981.

That said, if they do ever strike, I would be shocked if it happened before a new president was inaugurated; they have no clue whether the current Admin. would have their back if anyone got really pissy about the action.:twocents:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't see it happening for fear of the Muslim US president now in office. Now after the election, if there is not still a Muslim president in office?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I could make an argument for either one.
    Exactly.

I could see Israel saying it wanted Romney and doing whatever it feels will help him win. In my career I have always reminded people, no one looks out for your best interest more than you, not even me. I say this right after giving them what I feel is my best advice. We all have our own agendas, even those you trust.

Israel has to do what is best for their own survival. In war people tend to stay with the incumbent. I am sure Israel has studied American opinion and has a feel for how we might respond to an attack. On the other hand, that has to come second to Iran blowing their asses to kingdom come.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Israel is not capable of successfully striking Iran without a significant amount of support. It would have to be an Israeli/US strike, if any.

I don't see it happening for fear of the Muslim US president now in office. Now after the election, if there is not still a Muslim president in office?

Purple?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't see it happening. Geography will make it an incredibly difficult strike for Israel, and would likely require some cooperation from Arab states. Ironically, It's very possible that Israel cooperated with Iran to carry out Operation Opera during the Iran-Iraq War. Israel is not stupid and they've done their own share of saber-rattling, if they're going to launch a strike like this, then it will likely be during a lull in all the tough talk when tensions are slightly down. They had the element of surprise in their in both the Six Day War and Operation Opera.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'll admit I have no clue what Israel's timetable will be. I conjecture if they decide it's necessary to strike at Iran, they'll do so regardless of the posture of their so-called "allies" throughout the world. They've been shown pretty graphically, especially by our current Administration, that their survival as a nation is entirely up to them.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Israel is not capable of successfully striking Iran without a significant amount of support. It would have to be an Israeli/US strike, if any.

Purple?

News out there that Israel may consider and EMP attack first, making it more likely their air force can get in and out without much resistance. Though that appears could effect a greater region around Iran.

Is Israel planning EMP attack on Iran?

:patriot:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Israel will do whatever they have to do, whenever they feel the timing is right. IMHO it is only a matter of timing. That said, I'm sure they would prefer to have US support, but they will go it alone if they have to.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    News out there that Israel may consider and EMP attack first, making it more likely their air force can get in and out without much resistance. Though that appears could effect a greater region around Iran.

Is Israel planning EMP attack on Iran?

:patriot:

Their weakest link afaik is air-refueling capability (though they may be building that capability up), followed by their lack of ability to deliver large ordnance that would have a major effect on below ground targets.

The Syrian situation makes things interesting, as that path is pretty open politically and may become a much better option operationally with all of the unrest.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Their weakest link afaik is air-refueling capability (though they may be building that capability up), followed by their lack of ability to deliver large ordnance that would have a major effect on below ground targets.

The Syrian situation makes things interesting, as that path is pretty open both politically and operationally right now with all of the unrest.

They can do air-refueling. Going through Syria would still require them to violate the airspace of Iraq or Turkey to get to the Iranian border. Iraq would be more likely. I'm sure that Iraq would not cooperate with Israel but I do not believe they can even defend their own airspace at this point.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They can do air-refueling. Going through Syria would still require them to violate the airspace of Iraq or Turkey to get to the Iranian border. Iraq would be more likely. I'm sure that Iraq would not cooperate with Israel but I do not believe they can even defend their own airspace at this point.

Yeah, I'd assume they'd go through Iraq as Iraq really have no ability to even detect an Israeli airstrike at this point. They do have refueling capability, but the big question is do they have enough to support a major strike.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Im pretty sure Israel can take care of themselves. At least they have in the past.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the US made some sort of strike (other than sanctions) against Iran before the election the way the news media makes them out to be the big bad wolf and everything.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Israel has a agreement with Azerbaijan to land aircraft. They've taken a lot of disrespect
    from BHO....if they think it's necessary they'll do whatever they deem prudent for their survival.
    If they think it will hurt Obama's chances that's icing on the cake.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    They may go ahead because they feel that Barry would have no choice but to support them before an a election. If he wins he will make it harder on them. Hell he may have offered them a deal to start it so it helps him out. Bunch of new jets next year for a October 12th start date this year.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I think this article really sums up how the timing of the US elections and an attack on Iran are related

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DrudgeReportFeed/~3/67gb3u_8wEw/

As for Isreal needing our support, I think they have proven themselves to be battle hardened and ready to do what they feel is necessary to protect themselves. They strike hard and they strike fast.

As for whether or not it happens before the election, I think the US elections are ultimately a side bar to what Iran does over the coming months.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DrudgeReportFeed/~3/f1QKA0GcUas/

So I voted "I don't know"

Top Bottom