Do you patronize anti-self defense establishments? Food for thought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    wow, a guy was shot and killed for doing nothing wrong. And the officers are innocent? Puts a whole new meaning to the term "license to kill"

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yup, I don't stop and ask. The wife and I do get a chuckle when we walk into our local AMC Theater with the "no gun" sign on the door.

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    How many shop at Gun Shops with no loaded gun signs posted?

That has been the hardest to give up. The wings place, the anti-2A actors' shows, the openly anti-2A businesses were all boycotted by me with no regret... but 2 of my favorite gun shops in Indy have huge "No Loaded Firearms Allowed. No Exceptions." signs on their front doors. I felt like a hypocrite every time I walked in to those 2 places, because if my local coffee shop pulled that crap I would have never spent another penny there... loudly.

Fortunately, there are 3 other really good pro-carry gun shops in my area. (and 2 okay pro-carry shops, 1 lousy pro-carry shop, and 1 owned by what can only be Dianne Feinstein in a Boss Hogg suit and even it is probably pro-carry but overtly anti-gun :n00b:)

When I can find a suitable replacement for my current cable/ISP, they're done as well... much to my wife's dismay. She's pro-gun as h3ll but hates the idea of changing a dozen online accts. Totally worth it though.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When I can find a suitable replacement for my current cable/ISP, they're done as well... much to my wife's dismay. She's pro-gun as h3ll but hates the idea of changing a dozen online accts. Totally worth it though.

That is why you use an email account that is not tied to a fee-for-service plan. Or buy an email service that is cheap. People keep AOL and other providers simply to keep their email and all accounts they created with that email account.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    wow, a guy was shot and killed for doing nothing wrong. And the officers are innocent? Puts a whole new meaning to the term "license to kill"

Assuming that the article's depiction of the situation is correct, it had nothing to do with whether or not one should patronize a "no gun" business. This could happen anywhere that an employee (or customer) is either uninformed or frightened. Even if a business is pro-carry, what's to stop a customer from using their cell phone to report a MWAG?

The article is mostly a poorly-reasoned emotional rant. It is "food for thought" like potato chips are part of a healthy diet.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Apparently a lot of folks (including me) since INGO's shop of the year (for two years in a row) is one of those places. That busy shop in Plainfield (with the "extreme right wing" sticker on the door) is another.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Hypocrites. At best. I won't shop at any anti self-defense gun shop.

Luckily there are a couple of pro-gun gun shops in my area, including Down Range Dynamics in Portage.

I've spoken to the owner, Michael, about this and his words to me were 'I'd rather not be the only one shooting back if a BG came in here trying to rob the place'.
    :rockwoot:

Top Bottom