• Total voters

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Got my first one back in 1985 and have had one ever since. Both my daughters have theirs. Going to get one for the Wife this spring.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I've had/used one for for nearly 20 years. Parts of the world like to think we are ignorant about the rest of the world, poorly traveled, waste our money on frivolous things. While thats true to some degree of every country. I don't think Americans are quite as bad as some think.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not mine but I have one just like it:
    images

I do have one of the funny little books too!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Travel out of country infrequently (maybe every 5 years) but it is easier keep my passport current rather than trying to get a passport in a rush. Also carry it when flying so in case I lost my wallet (drivers license) I would still have a valid ID to fly (and get cash from my bank while out of town).

I think I do remember seeing something on the passport saying it can be taken away by Uncle Sam.

When they pry it from my cold, dead hands... oops, wrong thread.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I really surprised at the results. I thought most everyone had a passport. Even if you don't ever plan on leaving the country, I figured folks on this site in particular who are seemingly always prepared for whatever life throws at you would be ready to roll if needed.

It doesn't cost a lot of money and it last's 10 years. If you needed one quickly, you would be SOL.

I'm not overly interested in leaving the country, but I'd like to visit Germany, France, Scotland, maybe a few other countries. Plus my work takes me to Canada so I need one for that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I went 21+ in the USAF without ever having one. Everywhere I went a military ID and orders worked. I remember a friend in Iceland calling the "official" passport the "red/shoot me first" passport.

But the ID only gets you to NATO countries.
    That became a problem when I was dropped off in Israel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I really surprised at the results. I thought most everyone had a passport. Even if you don't ever plan on leaving the country, I figured folks on this site in particular who are seemingly always prepared for whatever life throws at you would be ready to roll if needed.

It doesn't cost a lot of money and it last's 10 years. If you needed one quickly, you would be SOL.

I'm not overly interested in leaving the country, but I'd like to visit Germany, France, Scotland, maybe a few other countries. Plus my work takes me to Canada so I need one for that.

If the circumstances require me to find a new place, there's not enough room in any state in the US, and I don't have the time to get a passport, I'm probably screwed anyway.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If the circumstances require me to find a new place, there's not enough room in any state in the US, and I don't have the time to get a passport, I'm probably screwed anyway.

Touche' Good point.

If I had to hide, I have a location and it's in the U.S. Pretty sure if I could make it there, I could disappear for awhile.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife and I renewed ours a few years ago. Now that we have a child, we get to figure out those rules when needed.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Oui, I have a passport. I used to have two, I was a Peace Corps volunteer so they gave me a US Government Employee passport to use along with my Personal Passport. But that was a while ago, now I just have a personal passport and the visas on it will show that I have been on all but two continents of the world.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've got one but I think it expires soon. I need to get it renewed since I hope to go back to Canada fishing again this year.

Top Bottom