• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    Had a M44 Nagant named Vile. The muzzle blast and the recoil were vile. Three young mexican kids wanted to shoot it one day on the range. The last kid thought he'd be smart and held it about 3" from his shoulder before he fired. He got hammered.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Just dug up this old thread. I've been thinking about this for more of a practical reason. If my gun has a name, the family can have a code word that means 'gun'. So if I name it Matthew, we can say stuff like "I think I'm going to take Matthew to the mall" or "go get Matthew".

Yep, thats a good way to mess with peoples heads too. I do it for fun if the person visiting is new and I'm unsure of their postion.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    A few of mine have names...for when I'm discussing them in front of others (who don't really need to know anything about me at all...much less that I have/own a gun)...or for when I'm texting or talking on my cell phone!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a frame scratched G-22 (GLOCK) I call "SCAR", and a AK-74 I call "SOOTCH-KA", thats it all the rest are identified by brand name.

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    Not normally, but i have a couple that ive named.

my 1938 remington 511 scoremaster .22 is named ol trusty. it seems like no matter what im doing, i always grab my old remington. I have nicer newer .22's, but i just trust it. i know that no matter what, i will hit what i aim at with it.

my long mosin nagant is named the crusty russian, and it looks the part. im a little rough on it :D

my short mosin nagant is called the boom stick. i call it that for obvious reasons to anyone who has one. its very loud and likes to bark fire when you shoot it.

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Sometimes, if it's just a little plinker then no, but if it's one that i have worked on i most likely will. i stopped naming them girls names because of how awkward it could get when i would meet a girl with that name.

Top Bottom