• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I think GM abandoned Anderson. Some of the blame should be owned by the UAW. My Dad retired from GM in Anderson in the 90’s and my Grandparents lived there until they passed.

I don’t live there but I do attend an Anderson church and I’ve served the homeless as part of the church. None the less I was surprised to see it so close to the top of that list. Gary was no surprise at all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The drug epidemic and break down of the nuclear family have certainly not helped many areas.
    But that was not the cause of the cities demise, worded just for you BR.

The central state sold out the industries, that used to anchor these cities, to foreign countries and left despair in prosperity’s place…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think GM abandoned Anderson. Some of the blame should be owned by the UAW. My Dad retired from GM in Anderson in the 90’s and my Grandparents lived there until they passed.

I don’t live there but I do attend an Anderson church and I’ve served the homeless as part of the church. None the less I was surprised to see it so close to the top of that list. Gary was no surprise at all.
    It is harder to see how bad it is if you are too close to it…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well I'm glad "You'll Like Liton" made the list :laugh:

I had a driving job in Bloomington way back when, and Linton was about the furthest we went in the western direction. About the best thing I can say about Linton is that it kept me away from the office the longest in a given day.

I was in South Bend last week. Uh...well, the weather was awful, and...that's all I got. lol

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You tell me. Do you live there? At one time it was a decent city.
    I lived there in the 90's, On W 5th st between Madison and the end of W 5th. Most owned their own home, not so much anymore.
    It was a much more prosperous town then I believe. Lots of empty homes and businesses now in town. Big demographic and Socioeconomic changes in Anderson.
    Ive owned property in Alex for a dozen years now. Its been going through some strange almost reverse gentrification thing the past two-three years now.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Why do you think GM left Anderson?

And have you driven through Anderson in the last 10 years?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well I’m honestly surprised Indianapolis wasn’t on the list, I assumed it would be number one :dunno:
    I think we could all make our own top ten list of the worst towns more local to us, I know a few that are close that I would definitely not want to live in!

Top Bottom