Do you combine backpacking and fishing in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have hiked the Charles C. Deam Peninsula trail and fished both sides of the peninsula with little success. Thinking I will hike the Axsom branch trail to the creek crossing and then follow the creek to the lake. The bank nearest the old cabin ruins is several feet above the water line. The opposite bank would be better to fish from.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I am long time backpacker and want to add fishing to my adventures. Anyone else do that here in Indiana?

No, but I’m definitely interested in following this thread to see what others pack in/out and what kind of fish they might catch out there.

There are some pretty remote areas of Indiana, but not sure of many waterways that can escape the pesticide use and that’s one thing that might make me slightly apprehensive about eating anything I catch.

Does anyone know differently? Any links to studies by the FWR?

Very interesting thread idea though! OP, how’s your new tent working out?

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I have hiked the Charles C. Deam Peninsula trail and fished both sides of the peninsula with little success. Thinking I will hike the Axsom branch trail to the creek crossing and then follow the creek to the lake. The bank nearest the old cabin ruins is several feet above the water line. The opposite bank would be better to fish from.
    I’ve done the Deam hike and had decent luck with panfish around the campsite. We caught enough for dinner.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Walk/hike from my truck in the parking lot to the boat dock , Does that count !?
    Or
    Walk/hike from my truck to the river then walk/hike up the river to smallmouth fish, does that count !?

I think I do ? :dunno: Hmmm:scratch:

Top Bottom