• Do you carry a handgun?

• Total voters

SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    I carry sometimes, though I would carry all of the time if possible. My job prohibits carrying firearms or having them in company vehicles, so that means the majority of the week I am without my gun. I can't leave it in my truck either because I park my personal vehicle on company property and leave it there for days at a time while I take the company vehicle home.

Are you able to at least carry a knife or pepper spray with you while in the company vehicle? I carry all three (pistol, knife, pepper spray). At least if you carried spray or a knife you have a way to defend yourself or others. I'm a big fan of having pepper spray with me when I carry, because I feel having a non-lethal means of protection is a good idea if you have a lethal means.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I never leave without it. When I got my LTCH I cc'ed most of the time except at home. I find OC more comfortable so now I find myself OC'ing unless im going somewhere I know has a "no guns" sign, then I cc.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I carry unless it is prohibited by law. I almost exclusively CC.

Also, I know this is not part of the thread, but I feel compelled to mention that my family knows I carry all the time and even though most of them never carry and some occasionally carry, they are all very supportive and rational about my choice. I wanted to mention that because I'm proud of them.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I generally leave the couch and tables at home, but I've been known to take my lamp on long walks. :D

Oh, and so I don't derail my own thread..

I OC everywhere, rarely CC. I'm lucky to have a job that I can carry to. Safety reasons keep me from carrying it while working(I'd rather not get metal shavings in the action) but it's always available. :draw:

There wasn't an option for:
    "OC 99% of the time, CC 1% of the time"

I CC when its prudent to - banks mainly.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I carry everywhere except work, my pistol gets secured in my truck. I sometimes OC and sometimes CC. Just depends on the day and what I am doing.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I OC unless prudence would demand otherwise. Not had a bad interaction yet, and already know how I'm going to handle the first person that get's upset.

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    I open carry most of the time, conceal carry sometimes.

Basically, it's whatever my outfit dictates. In the winter I'm more likely to conceal carry because I'll be wearing a long jacket. In the summer, I'm more likely to open carry.

I don't make it a point to specifically do one or the other, I just make it a point to stay protected.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I OC most of the time but since I had carpel tunnel surgery 7 days ago I conceal under a loose shirt. I'm carrying my G23 because it's 13+1 instead of the normal G27 (9+1) since I can't reload with one wing in a splint. Also I wouldn't be able to retain if somebody tried a grab so I just conceal for now.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    I carry to work all the time, they don't seem to care and there is a guy in the place i work that loves to talk about guns all the time. (I think he is waiting for the world to end)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom