• Total voters

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Can't take it to work, but otherwise always. I CC, but since I learned it doesn't matter, I don't stress about printing.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I either OC or a sloppy discreet carry under a shirt if I'm wearing something I don't want to tuck in. I can carry at work half the time since I work out of my house. The other half I'm on the road. The places I go to, nuke facilities, power plants, etc have a very firm no firearms policy. Heck, even some of the facilities inspect your car before you can enter. They never check my luggage though!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Karate and work are the only two places I don't carry. While I shouldn't, I occasionally leave it in my glove box if wearing tight t shirt and don't have iwb in my car.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I'm guessing that since this is a Gun Owners forum, the answers are going to be a little one sided!!!

I am either OC or CC depending on the circumstance and location. Except at work, where our illustrious state leaders have chosen to abridge my second amendment rights.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I had a pistol for about 3 months and never carried it. I never ordered a holster because I really couldn't get comfortable with the idea. Sold it last weekend. I intend to buy something else in the next few months but I don't know what and I'm really pretty iffy on carrying it.

Now I just have a 10/22. I think I'm pretty atypical on INGO :)

SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    You know, last summer a podcast I listen to had a story from another listener. He walked out to his Jeep in a mall parking lot with his wife and two small boys (2 and 1). As he gets within 20 yards of his Jeep, four thugs are breaking into it. They see him, but instead of running come at him. He jumps in front of his wife, draws, points and waits - they back off and leave. After I heard that story, I decided I would make it a habit to carry everyday. This past December while in DT Indy, I walk out to my truck one afternoon to find two men in it. Hood up. Plate off. Contents dumped in floorboard. To make a long story short, the two guys began walking towards me, telling me this wasn't my truck and they were taking it. I backed up, brushed my coat back, placed my hand on my piece and told them I would draw if they took one more step. I say that because if I ever have to draw it will most likely be followed by a loud "bang!". I held them there till a LEO arrived. So yeah, I carry everyday because I don't want to be a victim, nor do I want to let anyone other innocent person be a victim. Indiana law gives us the right to defend someones life if they are in physical danger. I take that seriously, and consider it my responsibility to be a good citizen and protect those who can not protect themselves.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Carry everywhere I'm able and tend to avoid places where I'm not able (haven't been to a post office in months). Mostly carry OC for a lot of the reasons already mentioned. The places I tend to CC are at church and in bars while I'm gigging with the band ...if I'm just going out for a drink or dinner with a group of friends, it's nearly always OC.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I prefer the term "cover carry" vs conceal carry. I'm not as willing to deal with the crap that many of you deal with typically when you "open" carry. I'm not taking a LOT of effort to cover and have been "outed" many times with no issues though.

And no I'm not dissing or promoting either method. I prefer one way some prefer other ways.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I had a pistol for about 3 months and never carried it. I never ordered a holster because I really couldn't get comfortable with the idea. Sold it last weekend. I intend to buy something else in the next few months but I don't know what and I'm really pretty iffy on carrying it.

Now I just have a 10/22. I think I'm pretty atypical on INGO :)

Dude if I had a zombie cat like the one in your avatar I'd be carrying, EVERYTHING I could!!!:laugh:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Never got comfortable with carrying, so my answer would be no. Then I delegated my carry gun to strictly in-car defense but decided I didn't want to hassle with LE if pulled over so it now resides in the home safe. I still enjoy my guns though and I pity the fool that decides to invade my home if I'm there. :)

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I OC and CC because I dont feel the need to demean someone for doing only one or the other. Both are completely legal and therefore whichever you feel like doing I am 100% in agreement with it. Stay safe

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I always carry one, sometimes I carry two... Just depends where I'm going, what I'm carrying for the #1, and how far away from home am I traveling.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Never got comfortable with carrying, so my answer would be no. Then I delegated my carry gun to strictly in-car defense but decided I didn't want to hassle with LE if pulled over so it now resides in the home safe. I still enjoy my guns though and I pity the fool that decides to invade my home if I'm there. :)

You need to view my recent post "I need access to my gun NOW!" :dunno:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I carry sometimes, though I would carry all of the time if possible. My job prohibits carrying firearms or having them in company vehicles, so that means the majority of the week I am without my gun. I can't leave it in my truck either because I park my personal vehicle on company property and leave it there for days at a time while I take the company vehicle home.

Top Bottom