• Do you carry a handgun?

• Total voters

SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    I carry sometimes, though I would carry all of the time if possible. My job prohibits carrying firearms or having them in company vehicles, so that means the majority of the week I am without my gun. I can't leave it in my truck either because I park my personal vehicle on company property and leave it there for days at a time while I take the company vehicle home.

Are you able to at least carry a knife or pepper spray with you while in the company vehicle? I carry all three (pistol, knife, pepper spray). At least if you carried spray or a knife you have a way to defend yourself or others. I'm a big fan of having pepper spray with me when I carry, because I feel having a non-lethal means of protection is a good idea if you have a lethal means.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I never leave without it. When I got my LTCH I cc'ed most of the time except at home. I find OC more comfortable so now I find myself OC'ing unless im going somewhere I know has a "no guns" sign, then I cc.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I carry unless it is prohibited by law. I almost exclusively CC.

Also, I know this is not part of the thread, but I feel compelled to mention that my family knows I carry all the time and even though most of them never carry and some occasionally carry, they are all very supportive and rational about my choice. I wanted to mention that because I'm proud of them.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I generally leave the couch and tables at home, but I've been known to take my lamp on long walks. :D

Oh, and so I don't derail my own thread..

I OC everywhere, rarely CC. I'm lucky to have a job that I can carry to. Safety reasons keep me from carrying it while working(I'd rather not get metal shavings in the action) but it's always available. :draw:

There wasn't an option for:
    "OC 99% of the time, CC 1% of the time"

I CC when its prudent to - banks mainly.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I carry everywhere except work, my pistol gets secured in my truck. I sometimes OC and sometimes CC. Just depends on the day and what I am doing.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I OC unless prudence would demand otherwise. Not had a bad interaction yet, and already know how I'm going to handle the first person that get's upset.

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    I open carry most of the time, conceal carry sometimes.

Basically, it's whatever my outfit dictates. In the winter I'm more likely to conceal carry because I'll be wearing a long jacket. In the summer, I'm more likely to open carry.

I don't make it a point to specifically do one or the other, I just make it a point to stay protected.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I OC most of the time but since I had carpel tunnel surgery 7 days ago I conceal under a loose shirt. I'm carrying my G23 because it's 13+1 instead of the normal G27 (9+1) since I can't reload with one wing in a splint. Also I wouldn't be able to retain if somebody tried a grab so I just conceal for now.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    I carry to work all the time, they don't seem to care and there is a guy in the place i work that loves to talk about guns all the time. (I think he is waiting for the world to end)

Top Bottom