Do you believe the lies the MSM is spewing about Israel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Antisemitism is unfortunately making a strong comeback. Very sad. And our current leaders are doing nothing to discourage it - to put it mildly.

And it is perception that, in this country anyway, Jews tend to vote for the leaders to which you're referring.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    And it is perception that, in this country anyway, Jews tend to vote for the leaders to which you're referring.
    This has always blown my mind. But what is even more incomprehensible to me, is not so much that the Jewish vote went to Obama in 2008, or even in 2012, because historically Jews have voted strongly Democratic - but that they would excuse his betrayal of Israel. It may be too soon to tell yet what the reaction of the Jewish community will be, but that in my mind Israel may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Of course Obama is on his way out so he doesn't care anymore. This has been his approach to politics throughout his career, i.e. use your political supporters for all their worth and then betray them. Just ask the influential black Chicago politicians who supported Obama in his rise to power. Where is Obama's support for them now?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This has always blown my mind. But what is even more incomprehensible to me, is not so much that the Jewish vote went to Obama in 2008, or even in 2012, because historically Jews have voted strongly Democratic - but that they would excuse his betrayal of Israel. It may be too soon to tell yet what the reaction of the Jewish community will be, but that in my mind Israel may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Of course Obama is on his way out so he doesn't care anymore. This has been his approach to politics throughout his career, i.e. use your political supporters for all their worth and then betray them. Just ask the influential black Chicago politicians who supported Obama in his rise to power. Where is Obama's support for them now?

My hypothesis is that they support democrats more from a all-caring-nanny-state perspective than from who is a supporter of Israel. Does the "average-Jew-on-the-street" care that much about Israel?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My hypothesis is that they support democrats more from a all-caring-nanny-state perspective than from who is a supporter of Israel. Does the "average-Jew-on-the-street" care that much about Israel?

I think it depends on their background. Jews who have a connection to WWII Europe and the holocaust have painful memories and were dispersed to many different countries, which resulted in not knowing where their family were, some not seeing family members for decades. But that generation is dying off, and the events of WWII are not as pertinent to younger generations. Sadly, the maxim about those who forget history is applicable here also.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I think it depends on their background. Jews who have a connection to WWII Europe and the holocaust have painful memories and were dispersed to many different countries, which resulted in not knowing where their family were, some not seeing family members for decades. But that generation is dying off, and the events of WWII are not as pertinent to younger generations. Sadly, the maxim about those who forget history is applicable here also.

Some Jews stand with the Palestinians because of what their families endured in the Holocaust.

[video=youtube;TOaxAckFCuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaxAckFCuQ[/video]

[video=youtube;cNQSV3BBtZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNQSV3BBtZ4[/video]

[video=youtube;93hqlmrZKd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hqlmrZKd8[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    May be worth a new thread, but I'm mobile right now

AP: BREAKING: Abbas: Palestinians to join International Criminal Court, press war crimes case against Israel.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom