• ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    So this begs the age old question:
    What is the minimum number of guns that each red-blooded American man should have?
    If you're not interested in having unused guns in the safe collecting dust then what would your arsenal consist of?
    1 pistol, 1 rifle, 1 shotgun? Add this, add that? Depends where you live, rural or urban? Whether you hunt or not? How many kids or just in your household? What's your threshold and why

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What is the minimum number of guns that each red-blooded American man should have?
    If you're not interested in having unused guns in the safe collecting dust then what would your arsenal consist of?
    1 pistol, 1 rifle, 1 shotgun? Add this, add that? Depends where you live, rural or urban? Whether you hunt or not? How many kids or just in your household? What's your threshold and why
    Off the top of my head.

Must have:

(2) duplicate full sized centerfire pistols. One for training and one for EDC

(1) sub compact centerfire pistol for more discrete carry

(1) pistol or revolver in .22 lr for pinking

(1) pump shotgun with field barrel for hunting or skeet/trap and shorter barrel for possible home defense role

(1) battle AR or AK rifle (non sbr). Two is better

(1) rifle in .22 lr for plinking and or small game hunting

So minimum of 7.

Nice to have:

(1) big bore revolver in at least .357 or larger (woods gun)

(1) AR or AK SBR or pistol for a QCB or home defense role

(1) good bolt gun in .308

(1) flavor of a milsurp rifle

(1) semi auto shotgun

(1) micro compact for pocket carry

What am I missing?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If I didn't care anything about guns and just wanted the basics, I could get by with a Shield Plus for discrete carry, an M&P compact for home defense/belt carry, an AR with a couple of different uppers for SHTF, a Ruger 10-22 for stuff you do with a .22, and a Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge for general purpose. Wouldn't have a problem swapping the Shield Plus for a G43x and the M&P compact for a G19 or G45, but I really like the M&Ps a bit better.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1670537883927.png

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    2 is 1 and 1 is none, so at minimum 2 of whatever you deem necessary.

2x AR-15s in 5.56 for sake of easy ammo access - one an SBR
    2x 308 rifles
    2x 22lr rifles
    2x compact pistols
    2x full size pistols
    2x shotguns

For me it's roughly the above.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    How many days are in a year?

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Told my wife I would sell a couple before I buy a Ruger No. 2. Found a Remington bolt action .22 to sell. If I can get a hundred bucks I'll be happy. Got a inline muzzleloader too to move. Have not made it to the back row yet.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Off the top of my head.

Must have:

(2) duplicate full sized centerfire pistols. One for training and one for EDC

(1) sub compact centerfire pistol for more discrete carry

(1) pistol or revolver in .22 lr for pinking

(1) pump shotgun with field barrel for hunting or skeet/trap and shorter barrel for possible home defense role

(1) battle AR or AK rifle (non sbr). Two is better

(1) rifle in .22 lr for plinking and or small game hunting

So minimum of 7.

Nice to have:

(1) big bore revolver in at least .357 or larger (woods gun)

(1) AR or AK SBR or pistol for a QCB or home defense role

(1) good bolt gun in .308

(1) flavor of a milsurp rifle

(1) semi auto shotgun

(1) micro compact for pocket carry

What am I missing?
    Mini 14 just for the fun factor

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    For years I’ve sold guns that I didn’t really use that much in order to buy others. Mostly because I needed to in order to afford the newer gun. I’ve told myself not to do it anymore. Yet, here I am. I do not need to sell them for the money to buy other guns but.. since I really don’t take them to the range, should I sell them? I recently picked up the P229 Legion and well, love it. Do I start replacing the Springfields with Sigs? I can’t be the only one battling this.
    Keep the ones you have. You will find them interesting again in the future.

Top Bottom