• ...and so much more!
  • Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hi all,
    Just got my first tax stamp approved for an SBR. The lower I have says "multi" for caliber. If I did the paperwork for a .300 Blackout build do I need ".300" engraved on the lower somewhere or not. Thanks in advance.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Hi all,
    Just got my first tax stamp approved for an SBR. The lower I have says "multi" for caliber. If I did the paperwork for a .300 Blackout build do I need ".300" engraved on the lower somewhere or not. Thanks in advance.

No

ETA: You should have the caliber on the barrel though.

Last edited:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Not to thread jack....but while we are on the subject of SBR's. If I do the form one for a .300AAC BO lower that is marked multi, can I put a 5.56 upper on it as well as the .300 BO?

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    No. But, you should indicate a caliber on your form 1 as it will get rejected. They have been rejecting "multi" as a caliber. You could however, list it with one caliber and then in the additional info, list additional calibers to be used with the rec.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The caliber needs to be viable on any part of the rifle. The law does not state it has to be the receiver. Some barrels are shipped sterile ( no markings) in those cases I've seen upper receivers engraved and even ejection port covers engraved with a caliber.

as far as swapping uppers goes, you can swap to your hearts content. Research it and beware of internet advice. 99.6% of it when it comes to nfa is wrong

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    I made my lower from a 80% lower . Figured I couldn't sell it if I wanted , so what better lower to engrave my trust name on . The caliber is on the dust cover of the upper .

Top Bottom