• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I just saw someone post on Facebook that is was spotted near Butlerville.

I heard the bear was seen near Jefferson Proving Grounds. The "experts" state it is wandering NE direction looking for a mate. A similar situation happened a couple years ago near Brown & Clermont counties that are just east of Cincinnati. That bear wandered from Kentucky (probably further south than that but that's where it was first tracked) and went up into eastern Ohio and disappeared after several weeks of being spotted. The thought was it was a young black bear wandering looking for a mate and probably ended up in Pennsylvania.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I heard the bear was seen near Jefferson Proving Grounds. The "experts" state it is wandering NE direction looking for a mate. A similar situation happened a couple years ago near Brown & Clermont counties that are just east of Cincinnati. That bear wandered from Kentucky (probably further south than that but that's where it was first tracked) and went up into eastern Ohio and disappeared after several weeks of being spotted. The thought was it was a young black bear wandering looking for a mate and probably ended up in Pennsylvania.

Many people would be amazed to learn just how much ground a bear will cover over a short period.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Very true.
    Hopefully, he's getting plenty to eat for his trip, and it would be fortuitous if a female wandered into our fair state, all the better to get his progeny a foothold here.
    Maybe my daughter will be able to see some in the wild here someday.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Very true.
    Hopefully, he's getting plenty to eat for his trip, and it would be fortuitous if a female wandered into our fair state, all the better to get his progeny a foothold here.
    Maybe my daughter will be able to see some in the wild here someday.

hold on...wanna try something....where's that black bear 3D target?.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now he needs to find some rotting wood to bed down in and coat himself with foxfire so we can have the "Fire Bear" back in Indiana again. (You would have had to read "The Bears of Blue River" to get that reference. ;))

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Now he needs to find some rotting wood to bed down in and coat himself with foxfire so we can have the "Fire Bear" back in Indiana again. (You would have had to read "The Bears of Blue River" to get that reference. ;))

That sounds like a book that I'd appreciate .... I'll seek it out ! :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    He's back....

Southern Indiana bear spotted recently in Madison, Indiana - WDRB 41 Louisville News

13145139_G.jpg

[video=youtube;B9eNe1_8rQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9eNe1_8rQc[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just saw an article yesterday about this fella. They hadn't had any reports at the time of writing but were warning people it's getting about time for him to come out of hibernation and be on the look out. Looks like their timing was just about perfect. :D

Top Bottom