• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There was a story about a liberal anti gun teacher that took a gun to school and had an ND.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hoping I can avoid a timeout by not naming any names...

But at the risk of a time out I want to say directly to any of you INGOers that vote Dem: "GFY!" (and twice on Sunday)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Biden says he’ll make schools safer by preempting any state law that allows teachers to carry. LOL is he serious? Can anyone name a single time a teacher shot up a school? So, teachers are dangerous, but teachers also need more funding? Do they even think about what they say anymore, or has their voting base become so insane they just eat up whatever their leaders spout? I guess AOC is proof of that.

Also, good job dems, we didn’t think it was possible to sell more guns than Obama era, but you once again proved us wrong.

They probably meant "home school teachers".

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sad that not one democrat will admit that the cities with the worst gun crimes are the cities with the strictest "gun control".

We didn't realize how accurate the statement "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" was considering democrats want to take guns away from police as well as honest citizens.

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    ...Addressing the gun violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible, funding interventions to reduce homicides and gun violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening protections against domestic violence. Democrats will also ensure the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to study gun violence as a public health issue.

Data can be made to look any way you want. If there is an outcome you seek, it’s easy to make numbers agree with you. See the book “How to lie with statistics” if you aren't convinced of this. I’ve been involved in basic science and medical research, and have seen many people massage data to make their results more clear...when maybe the result didn’t actually support what they published.

Even outside such a politically charged topic as “gun violence,” which as we all know is almost entirely suicide and gang violence, the replication crisis is ripping through almost every field in science and pseudoscience. Probably more than half of peer reviewed papers are bunk, and can’t be replicated.

So yes, even though the science will not support gun bans if pursued honestly, Democrats will be able to create “research” showing whatever they want.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That probably bears watching, since it'd be easy to slide in verbiage that does just that. If a home school is considered by the local officials to be a school, and any government-approved school can't have guns, then no home school may have guns. Have fun wrangling that one.

I foresee many RVs becoming schools in that case. That's where I'd move all my school activities to. It's not a "home" school, it's a mobile parent school capable of going on field trips and stuff. It's got all the required school equipment, AV, kitchen, chairs, tables...and no guns (as far as you know).

Maybe this pod school concept will catch on and we'd have...IDK...small community buildings dedicated to schooling the neighborhood kids.

Of course, back in the day when that was normal guns were welcome in schools, the loony bins were full and we hung criminals to swing in the wind. And schools actually taught Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Please don't flame me, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat...
    I'm not a trump supporter in the least. I feel electing him was a mistake. Hilary wouldn't have been better. That whole election was a **** show.

I typically vote for the policies I agree with. I don't claim D or R.

I find so incredibly frustrating that the Dems are making it impossible to vote for them. I hate that I'm going to be forced to vote for trump. I have a hard time believing that folks with good conscience can vote for a party that is actively trying to remove their rights.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm not a trump supporter in the least. I feel electing him was a mistake. Hilary wouldn't have been better. That whole election was a **** show.

I find so incredibly frustrating that the Dems are making it impossible to vote for them. I hate that I'm going to be forced to vote for trump. I have a hard time believing that folks with good conscience can vote for a party that is actively trying to remove their rights.

Read much CS Lewis?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

A robber baron is always preferable to omnipotent moral busybodies.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith

I vote Libertarian, which, oddly enough, on gun forums actually seems more likely to get me flamed than the guy voting Dem lol

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    To see how the Dems feel about(and how they will treat)us common peasants I would direct people to look for the original Jerry Wayne video. Dismissive, and Disrespectful all at the same time.

This guy is a fellow union brother so I imagine that they figure he is going to blindly vote Dem anyways.:nono:

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    To see how the Dems feel about(and how they will treat)us common peasants I would direct people to look for the original Jerry Wayne video. Dismissive, and Disrespectful all at the same time.

This guy is a fellow union brother so I imagine that they figure he is going to blindly vote Dem anyways.:nono:
    The one thing that irks me constantly is the Union push for the “blue no matter who” stand, that party isn’t for personal freedoms, and neither is it the party of the blue collar worker as its been portrayed since the beginning of time.

look at all the pork and other garbage they tried shoving into the last two stimuluses and the (arguably) 10s of if not 100s of thousands they pushed into poverty, depression or suicide with this shutdown crap they mewed for 24/7.

deal with it, it isn’t just about guns anymore

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Narcissism of small differences. I'm left libertarian and I **** off DNC faithful more than actual GOPers do at least online. The main takeaway is getting the heck off social media though (which I don't consider a forum like this to be.)

I vote Libertarian, which, oddly enough, on gun forums actually seems more likely to get me flamed than the guy voting Dem lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The one thing that irks me constantly is the Union push for the “blue no matter who” stand, that party isn’t for personal freedoms, and neither is it the party of the blue collar worker as its been portrayed since the beginning of time.

look at all the pork and other garbage they tried shoving into the last two stimuluses and the (arguably) 10s of if not 100s of thousands they pushed into poverty, depression or suicide with this shutdown crap they mewed for 24/7.

deal with it, it isn’t just about guns anymore

Those mindless union pukes are so shortsighted... They only care about their pay and benefits, and how the Dem will help them.

All the while, all of their other rights and freedoms (outside of work) are eroded and flat out taken away.

BUT I GOT MY PAY RAISE THANKS TO THE DEMS!!!! REPUBLICANS WOULD HAVE SHIPPED MY JOB TO CHINA! DUUUUUUURRRRR!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

I'm not a trump-fan-boy either and think the politicians and their parties owe US allegiance--not the other way around. But IMO that doesn't make voting for him a mistake, clinton was clearly the greater evil...and our system seems to give us choices of greater vs lesser evils.

As for frustration over dems making it impossible to vote for them, that's a little like frustration over not finding groceries in the hardware store. The DNC isn't JFK's party anymore (he'd probably make a conservative republican these days), it's been taken over by dedicated marxists or spineless opportunists who pander to the marxist mob because they think that's who their constituency is now.

Our republic is in real danger and we need to join together to defend it rather than looking for candidates who can pass purity tests.:ingo:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Those mindless union pukes are so shortsighted... They only care about their pay and benefits, and how the Dem will help them.

All the while, all of their other rights and freedoms (outside of work) are eroded and flat out taken away.

BUT I GOT MY PAY RAISE THANKS TO THE DEMS!!!! REPUBLICANS WOULD HAVE SHIPPED MY JOB TO CHINA! DUUUUUUURRRRR!

I've been Union my whole career, not all of us are mindless and blindly follow what is pushed, and not all senior leadership push that either but I get what you're saying.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    [ For those of you old enough to remember, in 1986 Jim Thompson ran against Adlai Stevenson for the second time. The winner for the Lt. Governor spot on the Democratic
    ticket was a LaRouche candidate. Rather than run on a ticket with a LaRouche candidate, Stevenson ditched the Democratic Party and formed a new party called the "Solidarity Party". The idea was to cash in on the rising popularity of Lech Walesa's Solidarity movement in Poland.

Anyway, there was no Democratic candidate for Governor that year.

The 1986 ballot contained a blank space for the Democratic candidate.

That blank space was not endorsed by any organization, newspapers, politician, or whatever. There were no volunteers, no fund raisers, no commercials, no lawn signs, etc. The blank space was not invited to appear in the debates.

With all that going against him, her, or it, the blank space still received 208,830 votes (mostly from Chicago) because some citizens simply vote the way they vote.

I remember that year, it was still when there was a box at the top of the ballot so you could vote straight party. My friend a die hard "D" because his union told him to be just hit the box and he was done. Guess it must be nice in a way, never bother to have a real thought, just do what you are told. Jim.]

This came from illinoiscarry.com and I have permission from the author to cut and paste it here. Perfect example of how some people pay no attention to platforms of the party they vote for. They just go in election day and do their duty, apparently someone forgot to tell over 2000,000 people there had been a change. Jim.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've been Union my whole career, not all of us are mindless and blindly follow what is pushed, and not all senior leadership push that either but I get what you're saying.

Notice I said "mindless union pukes". Doesnt apply to all union folks. Some do have a brain in their head.

Top Bottom