• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    So I've decided to make it official and get a divorce. I printed off free divorce forms offline approximately 6 months ago but ended up tossing them away while I decided whether or not this is something I wanted to do. Now that I have made my decision I can't seem to find the website anymore to print off the forms. They are no-fault forms. There are no kids involved and no debt and it's a mutual agreement. The forms were free to print and were in a .PDF file that included a form to waive court costs.

Does anyone know where I can find these forms???

Any and all help appreciated.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Try going to your town clerks office. I'm sure they can provide them to you or direct you to the correct place.

And, so I can officially stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, I want to say I'm so sorry to hear about your decision. Is there no hope of fixing it even through counseling? Hypothetical question I suppose. No need to answer.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Try going to your town clerks office. I'm sure they can provide them to you or direct you to the correct place.

And, so I can officially stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, I want to say I'm so sorry to hear about your decision. Is there no hope of fixing it even through counseling? Hypothetical question I suppose. No need to answer.

Nope, absolutely no hope once so ever... five years of lies and cheating... and she also spent the $5000 I had saved up when I left with the military nearly 6 years ago. I could forgive her for the money... but the lieing still continues today. I can do a lot better than this.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Nope, absolutely no hope once so ever... five years of lies and cheating... and she also spent the $5000 I had saved up when I left with the military nearly 6 years ago. I could forgive her for the money... but the lieing still continues today. I can do a lot better than this.

Yes, yes you can.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Is there something in the water???? Seems like a higher number of people are talking about divorce. Sorry that your going through this too. I'm hoping that me and the soon to be ex can come to an agreement.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    As a friend of mine once asked "Why are divorce lawyers so expensive? Because they are worth it!"

I strongly recommend you let a lawyer handle this one for you. It may save you money and headaches in the long run. Perform DIY projects on cars, homes, and crafts; not legal stuff.

Abe Lincoln once said: "The lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Must be something in the water...out of the blue (well, not entirely, I suppose) my wife informed me the other day she's moving out by the end of the month. She wants it to be a "separation"....I think not. I'd like the link to those documents as well, please.

mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    Note
    Using a lawyer will not be that expensive if you are already agreed on the details.
    Costly Lawyer divorces are caused by arguments over finances and custody.
    If you explain this to a lawyer, they may just have one of their legal clerks assist you.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN

Sounds like you know what you're doing. I wish you the best hon. Hang in there and stay strong. And be sure to keep your dignity in tact too. It's so easy sometimes to let this kind of thing get the better of you... especially when the soon-to-be-ex is acting like a ____ (fill in the blank). You'll be proud of yourself in the end.

Oh, and hugs and a big fat thank you for serving.
    :patriot:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Note
    Using a lawyer will not be that expensive if you are already agreed on the details.
    Costly Lawyer divorces are caused by arguments over finances and custody.
    If you explain this to a lawyer, they may just have one of their legal clerks assist you.

When I was divorced the ex and I went through lawyers, even though we agreed on everything and together it cost around 4K.
    Had I know of the online stuff, I would have done it that way. We never seen a judge, only talked with our respective attorneys and signed papers, judge signed off and we were divorced in 60 days.
    Sounds the same as the online stuff, so why pay 4K for that?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Maybe we need a divorce thread sticky....

I envy you Militarypol21 in that you don't have kids. I asked my wife if she would move back in (separate bedrooms) so that she would be around the kids and we could better work out the details of how all this is going to be handled. She won't go for it.

Also it looks like it may be a battle for custody. She said she wants our daughter to live with her and our son to live with me. To me it seems like a very bad idea to separate them from each other like that. They are 4 and three and have a very strong bond with each other.

Financially the way she is wanting to handle things is going to be bad for both of us. Mostly me since most everything is in my name.

I wish this would be as easy as sign here and have a nice life.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Maybe we need a divorce thread sticky....

I envy you Militarypol21 in that you don't have kids. I asked my wife if she would move back in (separate bedrooms) so that she would be around the kids and we could better work out the details of how all this is going to be handled. She won't go for it.

Also it looks like it may be a battle for custody. She said she wants our daughter to live with her and our son to live with me. To me it seems like a very bad idea to separate them from each other like that. They are 4 and three and have a very strong bond with each other.

Financially the way she is wanting to handle things is going to be bad for both of us. Mostly me since most everything is in my name.

I wish this would be as easy as sign here and have a nice life.

Wow, what a horrible person...Not only will she not even attempt at working things out for the sake of your kids, but she wants too split the kids up from eachother as well??? Where'd you find this gem?:xmad:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Update-

Ocsdor thanks for finding those forms for me, I looked EVERYWHERE! They have been filled out and sent. It's a huge relief finally getting it done... now the waiting game starts. Wish everyone else that posted in this thread the best of luck with your situations. "Life is too short, no need to live with heartache" Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom