• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism
    "We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life. Careful examination of the evidence for Darwinian theory should be encouraged."

"There is scientific dissent from Darwinism. It deserves to be heard."

About - Dissent from Darwin

I do not know if this has been posted previously or not, but I discovered this recently and am amazed that this has not been more publicly discussed. Apparently not all scientists believe evolution is a "fact" as we have been told in our schools, media, and colleges. This does not necessarily mean that all these scientists believe in the Judeo-Christian creation, but it does imply that a scientific theory is not being allowed to be put to the test to question its validity.

Here is the direct link to the list of scientists that have signed the petition to reasses the evolutionary model:

http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/filesDB-download.php?command=download&id=660

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I met a guy who is "chemical reaction statistician":n00b: he works for a drug manufacturer and he calculates the risk/likeliness of a chemical reaction with a specific result to occur. This is guy is scary smart but has the personality of a potato and don't think he could tie his own shoes, he was wearing shoes that had Velcro fasteners with a suit and tie.

back on topic now he said that he calculated as his PHD thesis that the odds of random elements coming together and creating life where beyond 1 in 250 trillion. So he believes there is a god, he is not sure who is right or wrong. But, that the numbers are too high for random chance.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    What strikes me as odd is that many -- granted not all, but many -- of the people who would say, "Yes, Darwin rules, evolution, those that can't adapt die off, those that can flourish, yesssireee Bob, I'm on board." are usually the ones who are taxing the living **** out of us to feed, care for, lift up, sponsor those persons in our society who aren't cutting it, for whatever reason. Silly.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Evolution is no more "factual" than Creationism. It is only a theory, and one with many holes in it.

The liberals (who endorse atheism) would have you believe evolution is a proven fact. It is not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    About - Dissent from Darwin

I do not know if this has been posted previously or not, but I discovered this recently and am amazed that this has not been more publicly discussed. Apparently not all scientists believe evolution is a "fact" as we have been told in our schools, media, and colleges. This does not necessarily mean that all these scientists believe in the Judeo-Christian creation, but it does imply that a scientific theory is not being allowed to be put to the test to question its validity.

Here is the direct link to the list of scientists that have signed the petition to reasses the evolutionary model:

http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/filesDB-download.php?command=download&id=660

I am sure not ALL scientists believe evolution is a fact,but I am also sure that ALL scientists don't agree on any one theory about anything.

Nothing new here.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Evolution is no more "factual" than Creationism. It is only a theory, and one with many holes in it.

The liberals (who endorse atheism) would have you believe evolution is a proven fact. It is not.

Brought to you from someone who probably cannot explain what a scientific theory is and how it's arrived at, and what the difference between a hypothesis, theory, and law is, without looking it up, and more to the point probably doesn't care because knowing such might get in the way of a good rant.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Brought to you from someone who probably cannot explain what a scientific theory is and how it's arrived at, and what the difference between a hypothesis, theory, and law is, without looking it up, and more to the point probably doesn't care because knowing such might get in the way of a good rant.

Brought to you from an aerospace engineer who has studied science his entire life.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Being skeptical is what science is all about. Challenge the theory, make some corrections, and test it again. I'm interested to see/hear the alternative hypothesis.

This site appears to just be a list of folks who "don't believe". That's nice and all, but science isn't about beliefs. If the theory is flawed, tell me why, how it can be strengthened, and how the changes can be tested.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Being skeptical is what science is all about. Challenge the theory, make some corrections, and test it again. I'm interested to see/hear the alternative hypothesis.

This site appears to just be a list of folks who "don't believe". That's nice and all, but science isn't about beliefs. If the theory is flawed, tell me why, how it can be strengthened, and how the changes can be tested.

More to the point, the people who think that just because something doesn't have 100% agreement means that everything about it is wrong are being far more disingeuous than they thing they are railing against.

Think it's wrong? Offer evidence that proves your hypothesis, not just an assertion.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    You insulted my intelligence, sir, now show me why evolution is factual.

I didn't say it was. More to the point, I also seriously doubt you really know what the Theory of Evolution actually is, also without looking it up.

I'm not insulting your intelligence, I'm questioning your understanding of the topic(s) about which you are discussing. There's a difference. I've read other stuff you have posted and you appear reasonably intelligent.

Last edited:

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    I didn't say it was. More to the point, I also seriously doubt you really know what the Theory of Evolution actually is, also without looking it up.

I'm not insulting your intelligence, I'm questioning your understandiing of the topic(s) about which you are discussing. There's a difference. I've read other stuff you have posted and you appear reasonably intelligent.

I understand completely Darwin's theory of natural selection. I have read his treatise "The Origin of Species" from cover to cover. Have you?

I have also read The Holy Bible from cover to cover. Have you?

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Although these scientists aren't offering an alternative explanation, they are saying that science has grown to a point to where the validity of the evolutionary theory should be seriously questioned. This is to the same point as Global Warming (which is actually a lot more easily tested than the theory of evolution because it is in present day) which is being held out as a fact and if you question this theory than you are a flat earther.

This reminds me of the docrine of stare decisis in law. Even though the court may not have made the correct ruling, lower courts are bound to follow this ruling until the higher court overrules it (which could be hundreds of years down the road, if ever).

Science is meant to be open to a debate. However, evolution has been allowed to continue as a theory without any real open discussions of an alternative viewpoint. This makes evolution a lot closer to a religion than it does to science...

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Intelligent design is an absolute fact. There has never been one single shread of evidence to disprove creation according to Genisis 1:1. Conversely, there is NOT one shread of evidence to prove darwinism, if there was there would be millions and millions of transitional fossils of intermediary beings all over the world....think about it! Darwinism comes from the same mindset as global warming. God save our educational system!

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Intelligent design is an absolute fact. There has never been one single shread of evidence to disprove creation according to Genisis 1:1. Conversely, there is NOT one shread of evidence to prove darwinism, if there was there would be millions and millions of transitional fossils of intermediary beings all over the world....think about it! Darwinism comes from the same mindset as global warming. God save our educational system!

I am a Christian, and I agree with your conclusion, but not your method of getting there. You also can't prove bacon doesn't grow on the moon, or that there isn't a tooth fairy. Also, saying there isn't a shred of evidence to support Darwinism (which is really no more provable than ID) is subjective. Two people can look at the same piece of evidence and get two totally different conclusions. I'm not saying you don't have any valid points, but I think you should reassess how you debate if you actually want to persuade anyone.

Top Bottom