• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    I was wondering how the Shipshewanna show went today? If you were a dealer was the crowd pretty good and if you went as a shopper where there any deals that you walked away with or wish you could have walked a way with. I wanted to go but we ended up shelling corn so I wanna know what I missed :popcorn:

Stryker Action

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    I was there as a dealer. The crowds were good but it seemed like there was not many buyers. Mostly lookers. I talked to many of the other dealers and they said they were having slow sales also. I was off about 50% from last show there. I still like the show it gives me a chance to advertise my store since it is in my area.

There were some really good deals there if you were there as a buyer. Seemed like the dealers were making deals to get some sales going. As a dealer trying to buy from private owners bringing in stuff to sell it was not good. Almost all the people I talked to wanted more for there stuff than I would sell it for if it was new or used. For instance one guy wanted $450 for an SKS! They are a $200 to $300 gun all day long. Another wanted $850 for an AR-15 that was a parts assembled gun that I could put someone into for $775 new. Crazy thing is last show there we made some fare trades and buys, But this time none.

Love the Shipsy show and have a good time everytime we go. Love talking to the people we always see and with the new ones we meet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I agree there was a heavy crowd. Stryker would know better than I if they were buying, but I saw the guy at ZX was backed up calling in for the Fed Check. So they were busy. There were a lot of people carrying guns around also. Since they didnt have signs on them, I was assuming they had just bought them. I thought the prices were not bad on some of the tables.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Great crowd both days. If they were buying it was not knives. I watched them walked by and not too many had any bags in their hands so not very many were buying.

I love this show. Great promoter and the scenery in Ship is awesome.

Stryker Action

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    ZX must of picked up after they talked to a buddy of mine. They told him they weren't selling enough to even cover the cost of their tables. I did and did good for the weekend but I usually do more than double what I did.

Still a great show.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ZX must of picked up after they talked to a buddy of mine. They told him they weren't selling enough to even cover the cost of their tables. I did and did good for the weekend but I usually do more than double what I did.

Still a great show.

They may have just been backed up when I went by. Ryan looked like he was sick so he may have not been moving quick.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I thought it was busy for a sunday. We didn't sell much of our stuff, but I covered the table cost and the gas. It's a way for me to sell my unused stuff and buy other stuff. I met Knifelady while there and after talking to her, I may make a trip to the Indy500 in January (just to browse). Chuck

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    I was there Sat. morning and saw several guns I liked but didn't like the prices on them. It was nice to see primer prices coming down a little. There wasn't as much grid-lock as there usually is and that was nice to see, also.
    12bee -
    +1 on the Indy1500 show. It's usually well worth the drive.

Top Bottom