• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    The only time I have ever bought from them was during the Christmas sales anyway so no point buying there again.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I can't support a store that no longer supports my rights.

In the past I bought an 870, a Troy AR, ammo, few knives, bow accessories, hunting gear, etc. from Dick's.

Convenience for one, as it was only a 10 minute walk from where I lived. Two, when they had sales it was hard to beat their prices. But, now they've shown their true colors and lived up to their name's full potential.

I can get just about everything they have elsewhere, and since they've tucked their tail between their legs I haven't been back. And if they so choose to get back in the "fully automatic black assault weapons of pure evil death" market I'll still never step back in their store.

Which also gets me wondering, if they do get back in that market, what companies are going to use Dick's as an outlet? Yeah, it's about making money, but after what they did to Troy what company would see fit to use them? Going off on a tangent...

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I haven't bought anything from DICK"S for over 7 months that is way before the pull of the AR's. I stopped buying from them when they made everyone line up in one long line to check out, like they do in banks. Most of the time I went in there it was all the way to the back of the store. I'm not waiting in that long of a line just to pick up a few things so I figure they lost over 2k in business just from me. They keep sending me the bonus bucks stuff in the mail but I throw it in the trash.
    As far as I'm concerned if they want to treat good customers like dumb cattle they don't need to be in business.:xmad:

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    We are getting a Duhnam sports(?) in Crawfordsville, anybody been in those stores?

I've been to the one in Logansport a time or two...not much to look at, but they always ran great sales on Mosins and WASRs. They always send me 20%off coupons, but they don't apply them to ammo or guns.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I say money talks and BS walks. As was said before, the moment they have a remotely appealing deal on a weapon or rounds they'll sell 'em like hotcakes. If they place a big sale well and generate high traffic after, say, a re-vamp of their hunting/camping/outdoors section as was suggested above they'll see a huge resurgence in customer base. I respect people that can hold a grudge with their dollar but I can't say I'm one of them. I'll spend 10-15% more to keep my money local TO A POINT. When I'm paying $50-100 extra just so Midwest Gun Exchange or Granger Guns can walk me in and out with bad attitudes to boot it's just not going to happen.

Those things being said, I don't have nearly the respect or appreciation for my LGS as many here do because I just haven't had similar experiences as those people with their LGS. The guys at Midwest are borderline uninformed, lazy, and they charge 3% for plastic purchases (credit or debit). The guy at Granger Guns comes off so depressed and withdrawn that I'm more concerned about him getting ahold of his own gun then a 5 YO girl causing trouble with it.

I don't have any loyalty to anyone and thus I'll be dropping $280 on 9mm and .40 range rounds at Dick's the next time I see those Ultramax bulk boxes on the shelf again. Flame me if you want.

-Dobber

EDIT: Added purple.

Last edited:
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I feel sorry for the guys who nearest "gun shop" is a Dick's. I am glad I have two Blythe's, Westforth's, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Freedom Firearms, Gander Mountain, and a some other ones all within a 30 minute drive of my house lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...
    url
    url

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I guess this means that you are monitoring whether Dicks has ammo or not?

There is only one reason why Dicks would have ammo when no one else would. It would be because your fellow gun owners refused to support a business that doesn't support our rights. So you will choose to support them?

It is also some of my fellow :ingo:ers and gun owners who line up at Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne at ungodly hours so they can buy out the supply and resell it at 3x the price. I know they were INGOers because I heard them bragging about what they bought as they walked out, and what they were going to make on the resell. I was naive enough to show up when the doors opened and got a high number (45). The desirable ammo was gone by #10. Guys were walking out with 500 rounds of 9mm and 3,000 rounds of .22LR. INGOers and Gander had a good thing going.

I can get decent priced ammo at Dick's. I cannot get it at Gander, Walmart, Meijers, or the local gun stores—Freedom, Ranger, or the new one on Lima Road. If they have it, the prices are ridiculous. I have not tried Tomlinsons in Busco or the shops in New Haven.

Last time I found a brick of .22LR it was $22 for a box of Remington 550 rounds. Try matching that price at any shop listed on GunBot.net. Anything under $0.10/round is sold out in less than an hour.

Please, boycotters, stay out of Dick's! Thank you very much!!

And another thing! I bought my Ruger 10/22 at Dick's because no one else in northeast Indiana would beat or match their price. I tried the LGSs in the Fort, in Warsaw, in Busco, Bluffton, and New Haven. I called the Walmarts in Warsaw, Auburn and Angola. The Angola shop was only $5 more than Dick's, but I had to drive an hour to make the buy.

I work hard for my money and I will not part with it for overpriced goods just because some fool CEO made an [donkey] of himself and someone I do not even know thinks I should join a boycott. That makes about as much sense as gun control.

OK,:ranton: over! Sheesh, time for me to take :chillpill:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It is also some of my fellow :ingo:ers and gun owners who line up at Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne at ungodly hours so they can buy out the supply and resell it at 3x the price. I know they were INGOers because I heard them bragging about what they bought as they walked out, and what they were going to make on the resell. I was naive enough to show up when the doors opened and got a high number (45). The desirable ammo was gone by #10. Guys were walking out with 500 rounds of 9mm and 3,000 rounds of .22LR. INGOers and Gander had a good thing going.

I can get decent priced ammo at Dick's. I cannot get it at Gander, Walmart, Meijers, or the local gun stores—Freedom, Ranger, or the new one on Lima Road. If they have it, the prices are ridiculous. I have not tried Tomlinsons in Busco or the shops in New Haven.

Last time I found a brick of .22LR it was $22 for a box of Remington 550 rounds. Try matching that price at any shop listed on GunBot.net. Anything under $0.10/round is sold out in less than an hour.

Please, boycotters, stay out of Dick's! Thank you very much!!

And another thing! I bought my Ruger 10/22 at Dick's because no one else in northeast Indiana would beat or match their price. I tried the LGSs in the Fort, in Warsaw, in Busco, Bluffton, and New Haven. I called the Walmarts in Warsaw, Auburn and Angola. The Angola shop was only $5 more than Dick's, but I had to drive an hour to make the buy.

I work hard for my money and I will not part with it for overpriced goods just because some fool CEO made an [donkey] of himself and someone I do not even know thinks I should join a boycott. That makes about as much sense as gun control.

OK,:ranton: over! Sheesh, time for me to take :chillpill:

Not to worry, the rest of us will do the hard work while you go the self-centered easy way. It's a free country, we'll make sure it stays that way so you'll always have the right to choose to support whatever anti-gun business you want. ;)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm boycotting Gander. They only seem to have ammo if you buy a gun.
    So them wanting people who buy a gun, to at least be able to shoot said gun is somehow nefarious? There are several gun shops I've been to that would only sell certain [low-stock, no-known-restock-date] ammo with a new gun and I understand why they did it... Do you?

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I have chosen to avoid them and put my money into lgs to keep them afloat since they don't have all the other sporting goods in stock to keep money pouring in . Support lgs ..

Top Bottom