• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    These people apparently have NO RESPECT at all for this nation. It is just sickening.
    'Desecrated flag' video is DNC finalist
    'Desecrated flag' video is DNC finalist - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

One of the 20 finalists in health care video contest run by Barack Obama’s campaign arm features a mural of an America flag splattered with health care graffiti until it’s covered completely by black paint.

In the video – which is accompanied by the sound of a heart monitor pumping and then flat-lining – words such as “pre-existing conditions,” “homeless” and “death panel” ultimately obliterate the flag, which reappears on screen seconds later with the words “Health Will Bring Our Country Back to Life” on the blue field where the 50 stars usually are.

According to the Organizing for American Web site, the 20 finalists in the “Health Reform Video Challenge” were chosen by a panel of “qualified” Democratic National Committee “employee judges.”

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZE8uQFM7o"]YouTube - "Saber Speaks"- Organizing for America Health Care Reform Video Challenge[/ame]

A contestant whose video didn’t make the final-20 cut complains that a video “defacing the flag” won’t do much to help President Barack Obama or the Democrats sell health care reform.

“They should never pick that,” said the contestant, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “It makes the Democrats look really, really bad.”

A spokesman for Organizing for America said the group was not prepared to provide immediate comment on the video, which, according to the OFA Web site, was produced by Daniel Lahoda and Saber.

According to the OFA Web site, the 20 finalists will be judged by the public and a panel of experts that includes DNC Chairman Tim Kaine, Obama campaign chief David Plouffe, Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-Pa.), singer will.i.am and Hollywood stars Rosario Dawson and Dule Hill.​

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    BS is BS no matter how you spell it.

I think video "defacing the Flag" will help obama alot in tell us exactly what he is trying to do to Our Country.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Damn supreme court, have no respect for murals. They should be making up laws as they go. Especially hate those flag underwears on hot nubile women. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Knowing what we know about the Democratic party, is this really a surprise?

Yawn. Don't let them get a rise out of you with this. That helps them raise money, which is the point of stirring up crap like this.

They think this country is the root of all things evil.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why are you all up in arms over this? The video is one person's (or perhaps a group of people) expression of what s/he feels the health care reform should be. It is there RIGHT to express what they feel in a peaceful manner which they have done. You have the same RIGHT to make your own video expressing your points of what Health Care Reform should look like. Mine BTW would be a black screen with the words "NO HEALTH CARE REFORM".

However for ya to get mad that he is disgracing the flag or that he is giving the wrong message is fundamentaly wrong. Freedom is a double edge sword! We can not silence the other side of the coin and should not. Peaceful assemble and free speech is what we all have.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Why are you all up in arms over this? The video is one person's (or perhaps a group of people) expression of what s/he feels the health care reform should be. It is there RIGHT to express what they feel in a peaceful manner which they have done. You have the same RIGHT to make your own video expressing your points of what Health Care Reform should look like. Mine BTW would be a black screen with the words "NO HEALTH CARE REFORM".

However for ya to get mad that he is disgracing the flag or that he is giving the wrong message is fundamentaly wrong. Freedom is a double edge sword! We can not silence the other side of the coin and should not. Peaceful assemble and free speech is what we all have.

Peaceful assemble and free speech is what we have. NOT defacing the flag, it shows the utmost disrespect.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Peaceful assemble and free speech is what we have. NOT defacing the flag, it shows the utmost disrespect.

Incorrect the defacing of the US Flag is at the core of what makes this country the best in the world and the beacon of freedom. Every citizen has the RIGHT to defacing the flag to show their protest of their government just like every citizen has the duty to protect the flag. It takes lots of resolve to allow this citizen to express himself and **NOT** do anything to him because he is defacing the flag. Our forefathers fought and paid with their life to allow further generations the RIGHT to express themselves and not fear the "gov" banging down the door in the middle of the night and taking them away or when they are walking down the street.

Yes it boils my blood that they choose to deface the flag like that but they have the right to express themselves however they see fit. The freedom we won is not just for the "views" you and I like but for ***ALL** views.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Nobody has mentioned "silencing" this man or arresting him.

People are just in shock that this commercial is a finalist in a contest to represent the Democrat's health care plan.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nobody has mentioned "silencing" this man or arresting him.

People are just in shock that this commercial is a finalist in a contest to represent the Democrat's health care plan.

Yet I don't see why? The flag represents the nation as a whole and the heart beat represents the "health" of the nation. If health pass reform is not passed then what occurs is the nation flat lines. When you flat line things go dark (aka the image of the flag is made black) to represent this. The video is simple yet powerful to understand.

[NOTE: I DO NOT WANT ANY TYPE OF HEALTH CARE REFORM]

@Dryden

Correct defacing another nation's flag would be labeled a HATE crime in "THIS" nation (USA) since those are NOT our flags! In those countries they don't have the ability to deface their own flag to protest. Heck they can't even protest their government.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Practice what you preach. He has a right to deface the flag, and I, and everyone else has a right to call him an a**h*le for doing so. See how that works?

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    If we did that to an Iranian flag, or a Mexican flag, it would be labeled as a hate crime.

What?

How about no?

The 1969 Federal Hate Crimes Law 18 U.S.C. § 245(b)(2), permits federal prosecution of anyone who "willingly injures, intimidates or interferes with another person, or attempts to do so, by force because of the other person's race, color, religion or national origin" [3]and because of his/her attempting to engage in one of six types of federally protected activities, such as attending school, patronizing a public place/facility, applying for employment, acting as a juror in a state court or voting.

You can burn any flag you want.

There's only one law pertaining to flags, and it only pertains to the USA flag. There are no penalties for violating any part of it, and the supreme court has ruled there cannot be any punishment for doing so.

On another note, what you said is correct. It could be labeled a hate crime. Just like anybody can label anybody a terrorist, and anybody can call anybody an *******. The question is whether the government can label it a hate crime and charge you with it.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    He has a right to deface the flag, and I, and everyone else has a right to call him an a**h*le for doing so. See how that works?

Bingo.

Freedom of speech does not mean "freedom from people thinking you're a moron when you say idiot things."

They have the right to express themselves this way. I don't object to the expression itself. I do object to the whole nihilist mind set that would think this expression is a cool idea.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The title of this thread (and the article) is deceptive.

How about "Graffiti video is one of top 20 DNC finalists".

I hope most of you are on high blood pressure medication. I can't see getting so worked up about some idiot's graffiti.

I really expected to see an ACTUAL flag being desecrated here. Yeah, yeah "symbolism"- shimbolism. Whatever, it's a bunch of idiot liberals who probably are still suffering from the side effects of the more recent vaccination. What should we expect?

Talk about blowing things out of proportion.

it's no different than these that were worn at the mccain/palin and GOP conventions:
    July4HM784063.jpg

or this which some of you have ogled over here in past posts.
    heidi-montag-flag-bikini.jpg

Oh all the things the dems are doing... we are wasting time on this? Bailouts, health care destruction, obama suspending the Constitution with his swine flu emergency... and this... THIS is what you people occupy yourselves with? :rolleyes:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Seems like we have had this argument before, but here is the way I see it. Many of us feel that our flag should be protected from desecration. Desecration by its very meaning is about treating badly a sacred object. From the time of Francis Scot Key writing the Star-Spangled Banner when his spirits were lifted at the sight of that flag still waving to today when we see our war dead coming home covered by the flag, many of us have felt the flag has had more meaning than just a piece of cloth. How many Americans have that triangle respectfully displayed in our homes. It would be one of the first things we would save after our family if there was a fire. How many of us fly the flag outside our homes to show respect for those young men and women that paid the ultimate sacrifice for this country each Memorial Day. How many of us still get choked up when we see that statue of the flag being raised over Iwo Jima. Why did those Marines raise that flag. Perhaps because of all their brothers they saw killed or wounded on their way up that hill. So there are many of us that feel that old flag has a right to be protected. Burning it or desecrating it does not lift the level of political speech that the First Amendment was written to protect. It does not contribute to any civil discourse that is sorely needed.

Top Bottom