• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Didn't Trump say he was going to get a border wall built and he would get Mexico to pay for it? Did he do what he said he would do there? Should we have put our faith in him to do that when he said it or was it just a malarky campaign promise to fire up the base that no one should have believed in?
    Perhaps you should ask him. Personally, I believe he intended to tax remittances but again had to spend a lot of time defending against bull**** charges. He still 'went to the wall' to build the wall in any way he could against all opposition

Only record I've seen Ron establish against opposition is:

Ron and the team copy.jpg

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Was this an indication that he would get soft on illegal migration to cater to his "money men" that want cheap labor? There's my actual proof and not mere speculation.

UPDATE: MAY 11, 2023: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law Wednesday an immigration reform bill that will require private employers to use the federal E-Verify system to confirm workers’ immigration status. The law goes into effect July 1.
    E-verify was established as a pilot program in 1996 and has been widely available since shortly after. Federal contractors were required to use E-verify about 2008 or so

DeSantis has been governor since 2018. Now, five years later, what has changed to suddenly make E-verify a priority?

Although better late than never, how can I tell whether that is just for show because he is running for president?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there a transcript. I absolutely cannot stand anything presented as video except things you truly need to see to understand like plane crashes or auto racing wrecks

A video record is valuable when if someone actually said something being quoted is in doubt, but I'd still rather read about it and only go to the video to research a specific point. I never even watched Tucker but instead read the transcript. Video takes way too long to present something I can read or skim in 1/3 the time
    It’s on youtube. Scroll down to transcript and click it. It’s usually pretty close to what was said although you’ll have to infer who said what. But honestly it’s not hard to listen to.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    E-verify was established as a pilot program in 1996 and has been widely available since shortly after. Federal contractors were required to use E-verify about 2008 or so

DeSantis has been governor since 2018. Now, five years later, what has changed to suddenly make E-verify a priority?

Although better late than never, how can I tell whether that is just for show because he is running for president?
    Yeh yeah. More excuses. I'm giving you tangible evidence to support my position when you don't think he's actually exhibited any. All you've given so far is mere speculation.

I suppose him shipping cheap illegal immigrant labor up north out of Florida when Pelosi says the crops need pick'n is just another ruse to hide the fact that he would actually be soft on illegal immigration.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps you should ask him. Personally, I believe he intended to tax remittances but again had to spend a lot of time defending against bull**** charges. He still 'went to the wall' to build the wall in any way he could against all opposition

Only record I've seen Ron establish against opposition is:

View attachment 278536
    But, he didn’t do it. You implied your faith was based on his accomplishments. Closing the border you said. That didn’t happen by any measure. Well. Other than virtually stopping visas during covid because of lockdowns.

Which he claims saved millions of lives. He brags about it. If you want to base your faith in something really accomplished, have faith that he’ll lock us down again. He’s actually earned that fait.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

E-verify probably isn’t gonna work. I don’t think it really works now. They’re willimg to work under the table. Some companies are willing to pay them under the table.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It’s on youtube. Scroll down to transcript and click it. It’s usually pretty close to what was said although you’ll have to infer who said what. But honestly it’s not hard to listen to.
    C'mon jamil. Watching two minutes at the beginning of a longer video interview of other subjects is hard.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeh yeah. More excuses. I'm giving you tangible evidence to support my position when you don't think he's actually exhibited any. All you've given so far is mere speculation.

I suppose him shipping cheap illegal immigrant labor up north out of Florida when Pelosi says the crops need pick'n is just another ruse to hide the fact that he would actually be soft on illegal immigration.
    I must confess that I don't know where you stand/stood on this, but Trump actually for real established Schedule F, the only major attempt to get control of the deep state I can think of and all he gets is 'he didn't do it soon enough' and 'why did he wait so long' - so I think those same questions are fair game for Ron supporters

The salient point is Trump HAS a record of doing all possible to stop illegal immigration and a record of enacting a control on the deep state, and it is naive to believe all the pressure against those goals somehow DeSantis magically will not have to deal with because a few independents and neverTrumps like him better

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But, he didn’t do it. You implied your faith was based on his accomplishments. Closing the border you said. That didn’t happen by any measure. Well. Other than virtually stopping visas during covid because of lockdowns.
    Again with the Che

If you want to stick with the pedantic version of 'closing the border' then by the same standards Biden has not opened it - after all, CBP still exists and physical border crossings are still in existence. Oy!

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I must confess that I don't know where you stand/stood on this, but Trump actually for real established Schedule F, the only major attempt to get control of the deep state I can think of and all he gets is 'he didn't do it soon enough' and 'why did he wait so long' - so I think those same questions are fair game for Ron supporters

The salient point is Trump HAS a record of doing all possible to stop illegal immigration and a record of enacting a control on the deep state, and it is naive to believe all the pressure against those goals somehow DeSantis magically will not have to deal with because a few independents and neverTrumps like him better
    I suspect that you're trying to change the subject in your first paragraph because you know I have a point about my position and have presented something tangible to back it up instead of your mere speculation.

How many times has it been frowned upon here for presenting pure speculation without any tangible evidence?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, off to a party

Be sure to talk about me 'behind my back' so I know you really care
    Well, I know purple and all. But that would be impossible to post here behind your back. Presumably you’d read it anyway. I don’t think anyone really talks about you in PM’s do they? :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

0bama had a better record than Trump on illegal immigration. Why didn’t Trump just keep doing that?

Top Bottom