• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoomHeadshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    SW, Indianapolis
    I'm looking for a dentist around greenwood area that can do some major work and dentures same day. I went to aspen dental but i feel they are saying I need more work to get them out than i really need. Not to mention the price is not cheap for the work they want to do. I have no dental insurance also.:(:(

BoomHeadshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    SW, Indianapolis
    I called the dental school and their prices are even higher per tooth than aspen dentals:(. i was going to have a few pulled before but after calling and talking to them theres no way.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have no experience with this type of work(I know, "then why are you posting?"), but I have had my fair share of dental troubles.

I am not a fan of dental "franchises". Dr.'s rotate in and out, they try to "sell" much more than I am comfortable with and frankly I don't trust the work they do.

It is your body, I would search out someone who does good work and is known for it. I have had work done that insurance doesn't cover and it sucks, but most have payment plans or you could save up first.

You can also let them know you have no insurance and sometimes they will discount the charges. I would like to get braces(at 53, lol) and my dentist said he would do it at a reduced price. I have been with him for over 15 years and he has done a LOT of work on my teeth.:)

Just my :twocents:.

BoomHeadshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    SW, Indianapolis
    i could go with aspen dental few months into next year at their price. but i do need alot of work done ive seen my xrays and its not pretty in there. ive had alot of problems with my teeth for about 15 years. now they are so bad i cant eat alot of foods and something needs to be done before another real bad infection send me to hospital again. wont be able to do anything except maybe pull a tooth or two til next year though so im trying to find out any other good dentists that might take me or at least give me a price. before i do go through with aspen.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There's a place in Franklin right off the interstate called Affordable Dentures. They are incredible. I have had chronic tooth problems since I was a teenager and came to find out that my teeth were decaying from the inside out. In February I went to affordable dentures, had every last tooth pulled out (well...the 16 that I had left) and got dentures the same day. They have amazing service. I just got home from there a couple hours ago after having my third adjustment. They always make sure I don't leave until I'm comfortable. I know a couple people who went to Aspen and they were both very unhappy with the results. I know Affordable Dentures will do extractions for $75 unless it's super complex and then they charge $120. It cost me almost 3K to get everything done but it was worth it to not have to worry about paying for adjustments. You will need a lot of them as you heal. They have a website if you'd like to check them out. I would recommend them to anyone who needs major work done involving dentures. I couldn't be happier.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    i ...trying to find out any other good dentists that might take me or at least give me a price. before i do go through with aspen.

For the work you need they'd have to agree to a payment plan, especially with no insurance. See if you can find one that will work with you.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    wont need to much of a payment plan looking to pay for most of it up front.

Use that as leverage. "Hey, I have this much cash and I can pay it in lump sum" is often better in their eyes than a full payment strung out across 6, 12, or 18 months.

I don't have any recommendations since my dentist is all the way up in Carmel. (But I can tell you not to use either dentist in the Heartland Crossing building next to Pizza Hut. I've had problems with my teeth since I went there. And I've never had problems with my teeth.)

Top Bottom