• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Ok so I'm looking to find someone on here that knows how to butcher and process deer. With all the draw hunts I entered in and my license, I can get up to 11 deer if I'm lucky this year. If I even get three, I don't want to drop that much on processing. I would try doing it myself, but since I'm the only one in the family that hunts, they don't like the idea of a dead deer hanging in the garage.

My goal was to work out something where whoever butchers it can have half of the meet for their efforts, but if something else has to be worked out, that's not a problem. If I'm lucky enough, I'll let you have it all. There is only so much deer meet I'm able to eat by myself :D Anybody who is interested, let me know and we can try to work something out. I live in Franklin Township and hoping to find someone in the area or in Greenwood where I work. Thanks in advance

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    its really not hard at all. If you was closer id do it or at least show you with one. Surely theres some utube videos of the process. No real wrong way, meat is meat.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    It's not so much not being able to do it. I've learned once before, but the rest of a family doesn't want a dead deer carcass hanging around anywhere. And this way, someone else who will enjoy the meat can have some.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    got dogs? last time i saw a deer hanging, a dog was hanging from it too. at least the pup had good taste.

any R&M will take care of ya. dunno if they are in your neck of the woods though.

you could always donate it to the salvation army.. they take the whole thing from what i hear.

UncleNorby

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Near South Bend, IN
    I've been doing my own for about 20 yrs. It's not difficult, and you get exactly what you want from YOUR deer. There was a video on-line years ago, I think it was from KY. The guy had a handicap (one bad arm) as I recall. Anyway, that video showed all the steps and I liked the method. Perhaps it can still be found somehwere.

IDNR has put on processing workshops, maybe there is one coming up near you?

I can hunt 2 counties, so I could shoot a pile of deer, but my plan this year is for a buck and a mature doe. That's about all the venison we'll need.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think the OP is looking more for a location to slice and dice rather than someone to do it for him.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Thanks for the postings. I'm not even looking for a location to do it myself really. If that's all that I can find I'm fine with it, but I was looking for someone who is on here who would do it in trade for some of the meat. I've seen a couple videos on how to do it, but this way someone else can get some meat too. If I don't find anyone, I probably will donate a majority of it.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Thanks for the postings. I'm not even looking for a location to do it myself really. If that's all that I can find I'm fine with it, but I was looking for someone who is on here who would do it in trade for some of the meat. I've seen a couple videos on how to do it, but this way someone else can get some meat too. If I don't find anyone, I probably will donate a majority of it.

If you are going to donate the deer you wouldn't need to process it or pay to process it as long as the local FHFH Program has sufficient funding to cover the processing.
    Check it out;
    Hunters

You would need to field dress it & then you could pull the back strap before taking it in.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Ok so I'm looking to find someone on here that knows how to butcher and process deer. With all the draw hunts I entered in and my license, I can get up to 11 deer if I'm lucky this year. If I even get three, I don't want to drop that much on processing. I would try doing it myself, but since I'm the only one in the family that hunts, they don't like the idea of a dead deer hanging in the garage.

My goal was to work out something where whoever butchers it can have half of the meet for their efforts, but if something else has to be worked out, that's not a problem. If I'm lucky enough, I'll let you have it all. There is only so much deer meet I'm able to eat by myself :D Anybody who is interested, let me know and we can try to work something out. I live in Franklin Township and hoping to find someone in the area or in Greenwood where I work. Thanks in advance

how large is your family.. i'm a big hunter..and we have 6 people in our family.. 3 deer is entirely too much meet for one year. precess two deer or so and donate the rest to a local pantry or somewhere in your community that will take them.
    by the time you're "meat source" is getting low it'll be time to harvest a few more.. just my thoughts! and if you want to butcher yourself.. go to your local library they're are a huge number of books on this.. and also.. there is this think called GOOGLE SEARCH. they're are plenty of ways on there.......:dunno:

EDIT: i understand now.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    how large is your family.. i'm a big hunter..and we have 6 people in our family.. 3 deer is entirely too much meet for one year. precess two deer or so and donate the rest to a local pantry or somewhere in your community that will take them.
    by the time you're "meat source" is getting low it'll be time to harvest a few more.. just my thoughts! and if you want to butcher yourself.. go to your local library they're are a huge number of books on this.. and also.. there is this think called GOOGLE SEARCH. they're are plenty of ways on there.......:dunno:

EDIT: i understand now.

I wish it was that easy for me. I have a family of 4 and we go through at least 3 deer a year. However we eat it all of the time. I doubt there is a week all year where we do not eat something with deer meat in it. We also make a lot of jerky. my mouth is watering now.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I only need one deer a year. I could butcher it myself easily, but besides not being able to do it here, that isn't the problem. I'm not looking to learn how to do it, I already know. I'm just looking to find someone who wants some deer meet and can process them for me. If need be, I'll just donate all of my deer but one, I was just looking to find someone on here who would be willing to butcher it in trade for most of the meat.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded harsh, just trying to finally clarify things.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Try Redneckmedic on here. Send him a PM...he does it.

exactly what I was going to say. I've never taken one too him myself, though I really want to. I just never have the time when I do manage to shoot one. Being able to process my own deer is a goal I'm working on, slowly acquiring the gear to do so. Hopefully this will be the year I get to do so. I'm really getting tired of giving Archers all that money.

Top Bottom