• Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Just in from the DNR .

Proposed Deer License Bundles
    [SIZE=-1]http://huntingindiana.proboards.com...&action=post&thread=40746&quote=326969&page=1 http://huntingindiana.proboards.com...ng&action=modifypost&thread=40746&post=326969 javascript:doConfirm('Are you sure ...etepost&thread=40746&post=326969&page=1',1,1)[/SIZE]The deer license bundle is defined in 312 IAC 9-3-2 as follows:
    (bb) “Deer license bundle" means a multiple privilege deer license that allows an individual to take
    one (1) antlered deer and two (2) antlerless deer in the:

(1) special youth;
    (2) archery;
    (3) firearms;
    (4) muzzleloader; and
    (5) special antlerless only
    seasons combined in one year in accordance with the provisions in 312 IAC 9-3-2, 312 IAC 9-3-3,
    and 312 IAC 9-3-4.

This deer license bundle provides a deer hunter with the ability to hunt in four (4) deer seasons (5
    for non-resident youth) and take three (3) deer with one license purchase. Based on 2010 deer
    hunting license purchases, there were 24,432 resident license holders that purchased 3 or more
    deer hunting licenses, resulting in revenue in the amount of $242,661, at a cost of $72 for each
    hunter. If 3% of additional deer hunters that currently purchase only 1 or 2 deer licenses
    purchased the bundle, it would offset the anticipated loss of revenue for the license bundle to be
    sold at the reduced rate of $65.00.

The DNR would like to offer the same bundle to non-residents that would allow them to take one
    antlered deer and 2 antlerless deer at a reduced rate. At current prices, the cost of these three
    licenses would be $324. The DNR proposes that the non-resident bundle price be $295. By
    offering the deer license bundle at a reduced rate of $295 to non-residents, it would likely
    increase the number of non-residents who purchase multiple licenses and take additional
    antlerless deer in Indiana. The average license cost of surrounding states for a non-resident to
    take 3 deer (1 being antlered) is $292.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Just wondering why is that a 2.00 hike from 63.00 that it costs me now as a resident? 24+24+15
    I could see about being a non-resident though.....just my .02

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    If one is multi- season hunter and bought buck tags for each season it would be:

Archery - $24

Firearm - $24

Muzzleloader - $24

First bonus tag - $24

Second bonus tag - $15

Total - $111

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Now - Basically a hunter buys the two bonus tags for $39 plus a $24 buck tag good for ONLY one season - $63.

Proposed - He can buy the two bonus tags for $39 AND a buck tag for $26 that is good for ALL seasons..

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!! - if you are multi-season hunter.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    hmmm... I'll have to think this through...

For the last several years I've been buying a antlerless license (good for archery, firearms, and muzzleloader) and a firearms tag.

So my cost will go up and I'll probably still get skunked. :)

Why can't I just buy a buck tag that's good all year and a doe tag that's good all year for $48 and then go buy another $15 doe tag if I need it? (I know, revenue.)

Last edited:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Does it really make a difference what we the people think? Probably not. Those people that make those decisions don't really care about us hunters, do they? It's all about the political bull crap. They are gonna do what they want and we are just a bunch of puppets. I might as well talk to a wall, at least thats how I feel.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Does it really make a difference what we the people think? Probably not. Those people that make those decisions don't really care about us hunters, do they? It's all about the political bull crap. They are gonna do what they want and we are just a bunch of puppets. I might as well talk to a wall, at least thats how I feel.

that's really not the case at all.
    these Rule changes were brought to the DNR by one or more Outdoor Association (example , Indiana Deer hunters Assoc., Indiana Bow Hunter Assoc. , Indiana Hunting dog Assoc.)
    these groups do all the fighting for and protecting your rights as a hunter. if you join them and pay a membership , you too can have a say in what rules need changed etc.
    You can also attend the public hearings and have a say (it does matter)

There is a Fish and Wildlife committee which is comprised of the DNR Fisheries , DNR law enforcement , DNR Wildlife , several outdoor groups.
    They meet several times a year and discuss these issues as well as many many other
    Some times the committee backs these changes and some times they don't.

Anyone who sets around *****ing and complaining and doesn't join a Association and work towards helping to make things better and the fight to help protect the right to Hunt , fish and trap.
    Well than you have no one to blame but yourself.
    If you don't think these groups work hard at defending your rights , than I challenge you to attend some of the meetings and see for yourself.

I been there , I know for a fact

that's my :twocents:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Lonnie,

With all due respect some of these groups represent no one but their own special interests and agendas. That shown through very clearly in the demise of Deer Proposal #1.

Money17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    About time Indiana tries to catch up to other states even though they are adding more poiintless wording to possibly confuse the public.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I don't know why people always have to complain about everything. If it works for you, use it. If it doesn't then don't. I think this could benefit many deer hunters and be a win-win.

BrentTheBoat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Columbus
    Might have to look into archery and muzzle loading, to get the full value. Still wish they would lower the price of the doe tags, if they were serious about controlling the deer population.

jdklvans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Michiana
    Hunting would be better promoted if there was a discount offered for buying all licenses. Many of us already buy them all. More people would do it to extend their season if it were more financially advantageous. The decline of hunters will accelerate if the costs continue to go up. We talk about the decline of hunters all the time, but affordability is a big factor.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I actually wrote dnr about this last year but I proposed a sportsman liscence (like kentucky has) which would be one price (like 150 bucks for a resident) but it would cover everything because I was so sick of buying tags for everything like military refuge urban tags and all the bonus tags I go through. I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, since I do nothing but watch the squirrels fight he bluejays and then scare off approaching 10-pointers, I guess I can get one of these and do more nature watching. :D

Top Bottom