• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Normally I only film deer that I'm not going to shoot, due to the difficulty in getting the camera in the correct position and still getting my bow drawn in time. I decided this year that I was going to attempt it.

I took a doe on opening morning. She was the last in a string of five that caught me off guard. By the time I saw them, got the camera positioned and hit the record button, it was too late to draw on the first couple. I then attempted to draw on the third on, only to have my safety harness tether snag on my vest, preventing me from getting far enough from the tree to draw. By the time I got everything taken care of, four does had already passed, and the last one was lagging behind. It then took off trotting to catch up with the others, so I mouth bleated it to a stop and got the shot off.

October 1 doe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOQhD78k-cM

The next evening, I went to a different farm, and happened to see this 3 1/2 buck coming in. I'd passed him up in the same stand on the same day last year. Sadly, instead of turning broadside in front of me like they usually do in that spot, he passed off to the side, and unbeknownst to me, got out of camera view at the shot. :dunno: I got a great hit on him and watched him run a short distance, stop and stagger, then drop kicking. He field dressed at 180 pounds even at the processor's shop. To say that I was disappointed when I reviewed the camera footage is a major understatement.

October 2 buck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tM4buumLks

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Good video.

I am impress on how clear the video is being in the wood without full light. What type of camera?

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I was just saying that bow hunting looks awesome. I've only ever gone small game hunting before with a .22. This year will be my first time deer hunting. If I ever get my peep sight in the mail, I'll be taking out my lever gun in .44 magnum. I bought a 12 ga off ViperJock that I may take out if I like the way I shoot with it.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Great videos!

What bow setup do you shoot? Man that is one quiet rig. Also, How high do you climb? Looks like 30+ feet up.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Pic of that buck on the ground? Looked like a nice buck!

October_2_2011_Buck_Resize.jpg

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Love the turkey gobbles at the end. You the man! Love the videos! Hope you have some shotgun ones come November! Oh yea, NICE SHOT!

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSf0dTsAyjc[/ame]

Had 13 antlerless deer and two small bucks around me. Couldn't reposition the camera due to all of the eyes, but still thought that I had the deer in frame. :(

Check out the huge buttons on that button buck that comes through right before the doe!

Top Bottom