• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I got a .44 Ruger SBH coming, hope to take it to the range this weekend.
    Very nice 3 screw 7.5".
    Bluing good enough I won't be sending it to Turnbull for case hardening the receiver.

Tore the Oneida apart, had a couple of pylon screws boogered up. Cut slots in 'em with Dremel and dabbed a bit of Kroil. One came out easy, the other was iffy..........but it budged. Trying to see about dipping the riser in Moonshine "Wildfire".

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Lots of new stuff for the archery and gun seasons:
    New to me Martin Tracer as well as arrows, release, targets, and other accoutrements.
    New Rossi 92 in 357 magnum with the octagonal barrel. Still developing loads for it, but the gun does seem to cycle well.
    New blind and some new camo clothing.
    About it for now.
    Now to find the time to go sight in the rifle.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    My rest on the bowtech broke so I just ordered a QAD drop away, I hate messing with and changing my bow so close to season but I have no choice

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    What kind of rest did you have before. I have been thinking about switching from my NAP Apache Carbon to a QAD HDX just because it locks up.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    It was just the octane that came on the RTH package. I ordered a QAD off ebay and hopefully it will be here ASAP. I hate making changes to my bow so close to the season

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I like the Ripcord. Never let mine come up at draw.....always had it cocked.
    Shortened the prongs and also never used that stupid top bar. A few years of use and it started getting loud, the rubber dampener inside got a bit hard. Took it out and
    replaced it with some stuff from work. Quiet and never got noisy again.
    Maybe some Remoil or something after season damaged the rubber over time, dunno.

The "football" clamp for the tether sucks. Serve it in and it's a great rest IMHO. If I get another release rig that's what I'll buy, again.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    What kind of rest did you have before. I have been thinking about switching from my NAP Apache Carbon to a QAD HDX just because it locks up.

The Apache is so solid I would have a hard time switching. I know what you mean about lockup but after adding dampening fabric to my riser I like the super simple operation of the Apache.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    ^ I do like how simple it is also. I put some foam material on my riser and the arrow can't make any noise wile in the rest. Who knows I might end up keeping it because it has not let me down yet.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I might be taking the old S&W 357 out this year at some point. Just need to find some good ammo for deer or purchase a set of dies which I need to do anyway.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Suppressed 300 AAC Blackout pistol:

Suppressed_300_AAC_Blackout_Pistol_Resized.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Avon
    I have a Rossi 44 mag, 10 plus 1, 20" round barrel. I love the gun but I don't like the buckhorn sites. It shoots high, the wedge is all the way down so no way to adjust. I'm thinking about a scope, my barrel is factory drilled and tapped. How do you like your scope set up? Jim.

Top Bottom