• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The little .22 was at one time the assassins choice in bullets for close range. For head shots, it has enough energy to penitrate the skull but not enough energy to exit. Scrambled eggs. All you need then are some biscuts, bacon, juice and a hot cup of coffee.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    I always bring Stingers with me when I fire my P22. Those are by far the most amazing .22 LR round I've used. The gun fires and sounds like a totally different animal using those rounds. They're more accurate than my usual Mini-Mags as well.

CCI Stingers get my vote!

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Stinger has a little longer case than other 22LR rounds. If you shoot the mighty Stinger without cleaning the chamber after shooting regular LR rounds you will run the risk of FTE or other problems,

Stingers can and will get cought on the carbon ring the shorter cased rounds leave behind. Just a bit of advise to those who mix ammo at the shooting range.

gpa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    p22 and stingers

Been using cci stingers in the p22. Better accuracy than the cheap federals.
    As far as the little .22 not being deadly I would disagree. I had a butcher that would us a .22 rifle to kill 1200 lb steers with one shot. I also disagree with the idea that the bigger callibers are the ones to carry. Every shot that departs from my gun I own. If necessary to send a bullet out I would want it to be a .22 to do minimal damage at a distance.

Gpa

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I shot a muskrat once with the original quick shok out of a Ruger 22/45 pistol before they were bought by CCI. About 25 foot shot. There were pieces of muskrat hanging from the tree above him. Instant death. I have never seen anything like it out of a 22.

I don't know about depth of penetration though.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yellow Jckets
    Quick Shocks
    Stingers
    Velocitors
    All very good .22 ammo.

Through my bolt action I buy the cheap brick ammo. For my semi-autos I buy the CCI mini-mags. From my experience, semi-autos hate cheap ammo. I have also had nothing but good luck with CCI ammo.

Top Bottom