• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Grew up in a state with DST. Moved to Indiana professionally back in '92 and basked in the consistency of "time freedom" (i.e. standard time all the time) until Mitch Daniels decided to be a time tyrant and mess up my delicate circadian rhythm twice a year.

Hate, hate, HATE DST! Makes little sense. Most of the world's population does NOT use it. It's a royal pain in the neck. It's unhealthy.

It's also inefficient. Indiana electrical usage actually ROSE when we implemented it [1].

[1] - Daylight saving time: Don?t Blame Ben Franklin -- But make it stop | Fox News

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Never understood the people who hate it....but seems to be guys and gals that have jobs that start quite early in the morning. Is that why you hate it? Going to work in the dark again just when you had started going when the sun was coming up on standard time?

As as others have said having more daylight after work/dinner is so awesome. Outside activities with the kids, with friends, etc. absolutely love DST

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Never understood the people who hate it....but seems to be guys and gals that have jobs that start quite early in the morning. Is that why you hate it? Going to work in the dark again just when you had started going when the sun was coming up on standard time?

As as others have said having more daylight after work/dinner is so awesome. Outside activities with the kids, with friends, etc. absolutely love DST

Wish it were all year. The only thing I don't like about it is the time change twice a year.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

It messes up my sleep cycle. Try putting a kid to bed when there's still over an hour of daylight. I'm not opposed to having daylight until 8-830, so put us on central time. Bouncing back and forth sucks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Set it and forget it you silly, wasteful clock twisters. :@ya:

Seriously, how is this still a thing? :scratch:

You either inconvenience yourself by having to set the clock, or you inconvenience yourself by having to remember everyone else is operating an hour off from you, and working around that. If I had my druthers, I'd say keep it DST year-round.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You either inconvenience yourself by having to set the clock, or you inconvenience yourself by having to remember everyone else is operating an hour off from you, and working around that. If I had my druthers, I'd say keep it DST year-round.

So then, are we inconvenienced by the legislative edict itself or only by the sluggard collective abiding to alter all the schedules for 4 months each year as directed?

Such folly should be rejected en masse by the people despite what a handful of lobbyists wish to maintain.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So few clocks are not microprocessor controlled, why not just program the clocks to gain 20 seconds per day from April 1 through October 31 and then lose 20 seconds per day from November 1 through March 31. Same result but imperceptibly and automatic

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So few clocks are not microprocessor controlled, why not just program the clocks to gain 20 seconds per day from April 1 through October 31 and then lose 20 seconds per day from November 1 through March 31. Same result but imperceptibly and automatic

Why would we want to perpetuate such a result by any means, perceptible or not?

Is there actually a downside to setting it and forgetting it in the modern age?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So then, are we inconvenienced by the legislative edict itself or only by the sluggard collective abiding to alter all the schedules for 4 months each year as directed?

Such folly should be rejected en masse by the people despite what a handful of lobbyists wish to maintain.

So. Getting everyone to do it your way, one person at a time. How's that going?

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood

It's not the drive to work in the dark at 5 am, it's going to bed at 1930-2000 when sunset is 2100. Had to get window tint and blackout shades for my south facing bedroom window. Plus the "extra" hour means nothing to me since I try to sleep through it. So where is the benefit to changing?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So. Getting everyone to do it your way, one person at a time. How's that going?

Ridiculing and prodding for a defense of the current system is certainly entertaining. :cool:

I might even miss that once this antiquated nonsense is abandoned.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You can tell it's almost spring...not when the daffodils start to bloom, not when the grass starts to green, but when Hoosiers start *****ing about DST again. :laugh:

(My Hoosier wife started last weekend).

Top Bottom