• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    On January 16, 2013, President Barack Obama issued 23 executive actions against your 2nd amendment Constitutional right to bear arms. He did this without the consent of Congress which in itself, violates the foundation of the Constitution and the co-equal branches of government.

In response to these unconstitutional actions by the President, on .223, February 23, 2013 the American people will stand together in defiance to protect the right that protects ALL of our rights, the 2nd Amendment! They will organize locally so that they may band together neighbor to neighbor and reassert their community's right to determine their own destiny!

Day of Resistance | DayOfResistance.com

This coming Saturday...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    A Secret number of INGO members will be gathering :shady:

There will be copious amounts of resistance like gun fire eminating from an undisclosed location in the vicinty of my residence. :ar15: :ar15:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm all for rallies and have participated in the last two. However, my concern is there is no organization for these events. There is no designated person to speak to the media or lead the participants in any way. We go out there and basically socialize. I'm in no way trying to be a damper, but what is the objective for the 23rd? Is it a 2A rally or a "impeach Obama" or "stop abortion" or "find the WMDs" rally?

I see the location for this one is in Bloomington. I also read they will have a location to check in weapons. Looking at their materials, I see this is a partisan effort to encourage the Republican party because the "conservative grassroots is demoralized" and the "Democrats want to take our guns." I'm not a Republican and I don't believe it's only the Democrats who want to take our guns, so do I even fit in this effort?

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Bloomington contact info.

Bloomington, IN Day of Resistance Rally
    Location: Monroe County Courthouse, 100 W Kirkwood Ave Bloomington, IN
    Time: 11:30am
    Sponsoring Organization: We Are Change/Bloomington Change
    Contact Information: Daniel McMullen, 812-822-1982, djsmcmullen@gmail.com
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BloomingtonDayOfResistance

I'd say if you think there are any concerns, make contact and then decide. :dunno:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Also, did anyone read those 23 orders? Not all of them are bad. The sooner we look at everything on the basis of its own merit, the sooner we can stop all this us vs. them stuff and start making things better. Hating things because Berry said them will continue to divide this country.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I can't make it to this one because of a family event out of state this weekend. I agree with something Que mentioned above, is that there is a lot to be said for trying to have a more organized event with designated speakers. For one thing, we would attract more media attention with some high profile speakers. We would also draw more attendance. I'm not sure how to go about organizing something like that, but I would certainly volunteer to write and send invitations. Some obvious questions would be "who" to invite, "when", "where"...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Also, did anyone read those 23 orders? Not all of them are bad. The sooner we look at everything on the basis of its own merit, the sooner we can stop all this us vs. them stuff and start making things better. Hating things because Berry said them will continue to divide this country.

If he said it, in the pursuit of politics, I would have to assume it's either a :poop: sandwich or else there's a hidden agenda. He is not trustworthy.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm all for rallies and have participated in the last two. However, my concern is there is no organization for these events. There is no designated person to speak to the media or lead the participants in any way. We go out there and basically socialize. I'm in no way trying to be a damper, but what is the objective for the 23rd? Is it a 2A rally or a "impeach Obama" or "stop abortion" or "find the WMDs" rally?

I see the location for this one is in Bloomington. I also read they will have a location to check in weapons. Looking at their materials, I see this is a partisan effort to encourage the Republican party because the "conservative grassroots is demoralized" and the "Democrats want to take our guns." I'm not a Republican and I don't believe it's only the Democrats who want to take our guns, so do I even fit in this effort?

I am with Que mostly on this. The last rally had a good turn out, we walked around the building and then... Not much really, random people stepped up and spoke but no organization. No one spokesman represented us to the media. TV6 was the only one's to really do any kind of story and it wasn't much. If we are going to win this we have to get our message out there and been seen, heard. The driving force behind the Liberals (Democrats and or RINO's) is the Liberally Biased media. We need more organization and more exposure.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Bloomington contact info.

Bloomington, IN Day of Resistance Rally
    Location: Monroe County Courthouse, 100 W Kirkwood Ave Bloomington, IN
    Time: 11:30am
    Sponsoring Organization: We Are Change/Bloomington Change
    Contact Information: Daniel McMullen, 812-822-1982, djsmcmullen@gmail.com
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BloomingtonDayOfResistance

I'd say if you think there are any concerns, make contact and then decide. :dunno:

I just spoke with Daniel and it appears this event has been thought out pretty well. It's a Tea Party organized event and they will have five scheduled speakers with opportunities for the general public to speak either for or against "the Constitution."

Last edited:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville

The point is not whats in the orders, the point is that he went around congress to issue laws. if GWB used EO's to cut benefits to wellfare programs i would still not agree since it is not the job of the president to issue laws without congress. And everything barry wants is bad, almost everything he says in public is a lie. Nothing he wants to do is for the good of the country as founded, its for the good of gov't control and screwing the succesful people in this country. Barry is dividing this country on his own, trashing rich people, trashing whites, trashing business, trashing oil, dont blame me for what Barry is doing. It is us vs. them, and currently they are winning, there is no talking to someone who wants to take your guns, kill babies, tax the rich and giving to the lazy, their entire ideology is their religion, no amount of talking will change these people, they believe we are wrong, that we lie and that they are right now matter what. How can you work with someone that wants to kill babies if you dont? there is no compromise on abortion, debt, taxes, etc. If you truly believe something, you need to fight and WIN. Never underestimate your opposition, talking with insane people results in nothing. talking with a reasonable person results in good outcomes. these people are hypocrites, they are not reasonable, they are gov't elitists that think they should have guns but you cant. its sickening and stupid.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Yeah .....

..... and that Patrick Henry guy, whu..... why HE was just a NUT!! But really, how many of us INGUNO people would EVEN sign up with his objectives? And equally really: HOW MANY OF US ALREADY HAVE? It ain't gonna be easy out-running a drone, but what if YOU have to do it? Organization is the key to success. Still, a great many Patriots will need to stay hidden behind trees, and supporting the rest of us from their distance, but are we prepared in our UNITY against the coming oppressor? We with guns know exactly what those enemies look like, and we are ready. (any more here of this, and I'd be called a rabble-rouser, and be banned!)

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    The point is not whats in the orders, the point is that he went around congress to issue laws. if GWB used EO's to cut benefits to wellfare programs i would still not agree since it is not the job of the president to issue laws without congress. And everything barry wants is bad, almost everything he says in public is a lie. Nothing he wants to do is for the good of the country as founded, its for the good of gov't control and screwing the succesful people in this country. Barry is dividing this country on his own, trashing rich people, trashing whites, trashing business, trashing oil, dont blame me for what Barry is doing. It is us vs. them, and currently they are winning, there is no talking to someone who wants to take your guns, kill babies, tax the rich and giving to the lazy, their entire ideology is their religion, no amount of talking will change these people, they believe we are wrong, that we lie and that they are right now matter what. How can you work with someone that wants to kill babies if you dont? there is no compromise on abortion, debt, taxes, etc. If you truly believe something, you need to fight and WIN. Never underestimate your opposition, talking with insane people results in nothing. talking with a reasonable person results in good outcomes. these people are hypocrites, they are not reasonable, they are gov't elitists that think they should have guns but you cant. its sickening and stupid.

All that sounds good and makes you feel better to complain about...but eventually you have to wake up and realize that this is the world we're living in. We can't kill all the liberals or progressives. They are here, and they're not going anywhere any time soon. We either further the divide leading to a violent split or we start working on closing the divide by compromising where we can and arguing for our side where we can't. Those 23 orders are not laws specifically. Some are pretty crappy, some are pretty decent. You're preaching to the choir in that I'm no fan of Obama, but saying everything from everyone except what I believe is bad...will get us nowhere.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Getting a very bad vibe on the Bloomington day.

Just looked at the FB page and noticed this little nugget:

You are asked to bring your own signs, flags, chairs, and guns. All are welcome, though you are asked to leave your bullets at home.

My response was less than kind.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just looked at the FB page and noticed this little nugget:

My response was less than kind.

Sounds like Andrew Horning's response on his rally outside the Indy 1500:
    "I would be horrified to see this become all about guns and people who like guns."

In other words, they'll take all the numbers they can get to look like they have support for their agenda which kinda involves 2nd Amemdment rights, but not really.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    not a chance I'll be making it to this one. Last time it took me a week to convince both my jobs to let me off and then almost 3 weeks to find a ride and I didn't secure the ride until 2 days before. 4 days notice for an event like this is just not good planning.

Top Bottom