• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I work there. I run the USPSA matches and teach a variety of classes there. I also have very good mediation skills.

Again, outstanding job. Your initial response, "no excuses, we'll make it right" is the way to handle mistakes.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Glad to hear this will turn out right. We all make mistakes and when running a buisness hourly people can and will cause issues from time to time. I'm glad to see management stepping up and handling it. Please keep us informed what happens OP so we all can see how this works out and learn from it. I can forgive and hope all else here can too. Maybe next time make sure that can is on tight. I use mechanics gloves to check mine

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was just informed of this thread and the incident within the last hour. The range was Parabellum. Anyone with any sense has this figured out. I cannot explain why the folks at the counter made the decision they did. They will be completely corrected. I have spoken with the owner of the range. The patron that had his suppressor damaged will be compensated and will bear no out of pocket expense for its replacement. I personally apologize for this screw up. It should not have happened. We should have called the range cold and retrieved this suppressor right away. That is simple. Common sense was lost in this episode. I cannot explain why.

I do not know the party involved directly at this point. I will follow up and make sure this comes out right. A bad decision was made by an hourly employee. We will make it right and strive to make better decisions in the future. (should not be hard to do better)

As things stand today. If anyone has any problems at Parabellum and are not satisfied with the response they get at the counter. Let me know personally. I can be contacted by email or PM here. I will follow up an find out what is wrong and make it right. The above situation should not have happened and we will do it right the next time.

A jeeze.... now what the **** are we supposed to do with all these torches and pitchforks?? :noway:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    A jeeze.... now what the **** are we supposed to do with all these torches and pitchforks?? :noway:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d-armory-sold-out-our-neighbors-illinois.html :dunno: :):

Glad to hear it's getting taken care of. Many people here figured out the shop early on, but not all of us. Being on the BFE east side of the state I have little idea of one shot to another. Looking to get my first suppressor later on this year if all goes well. The only place close in McGalliard Guns in Muncie :n00b: so I'll have to travel to do so. I've been watching this thread closely to see who it was and how it was handled.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    A jeeze.... now what the **** are we supposed to do with all these torches and pitchforks??

Set them in the corner. The good town folk of INGO will find someone to fork before too long.

mandreko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Lizton
    I was just informed of this thread and the incident within the last hour. The range was Parabellum. Anyone with any sense has this figured out. I cannot explain why the folks at the counter made the decision they did. They will be completely corrected. I have spoken with the owner of the range. The patron that had his suppressor damaged will be compensated and will bear no out of pocket expense for its replacement. I personally apologize for this screw up. It should not have happened. We should have called the range cold and retrieved this suppressor right away. That is simple. Common sense was lost in this episode. I cannot explain why.

I do not know the party involved directly at this point. I will follow up and make sure this comes out right. A bad decision was made by an hourly employee. We will make it right and strive to make better decisions in the future. (should not be hard to do better)

As things stand today. If anyone has any problems at Parabellum and are not satisfied with the response they get at the counter. Let me know personally. I can be contacted by email or PM here. I will follow up an find out what is wrong and make it right. The above situation should not have happened and we will do it right the next time.

The owner sent me an email last night, and it sounds like it'll be taken care of. Neither him or me are "happy" with the whole situation since it sucks for both of us, but it's being taken care of properly now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The owner sent me an email last night, and it sounds like it'll be taken care of. Neither him or me are "happy" with the whole situation since it sucks for both of us, but it's being taken care of properly now.

In future I see you responding differently to this if it were to happen again.

Very glad this is getting dealt with.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

You could always be happier with the results, but it's much better than the way it was looking...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Somehow, in the back of my itty bitty mind (so itty bitty the back is almost the front), I knew coach would come through. And I don't even know him personally - just by reputation.

akethan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I didn't read the whole thing but if the range would not call a cease fire I would have. Every class I've taken it has been made very clear that EVERYONE in any range has ceasefire authority. It could be said that the owner lost control of his item so I would be very careful getting into an NFA pi$$ing contest. I would have called ceasefire myself and went to retrieve my property, especially if it was an NFA item. Thanked everyone in the range for their patience and went on my merry way.
    I would say there is plenty of blame to go around but it would have never been an issue if it wasn't launched downrange to begin with so for my money that's where the buck stops..
    It might be my humble upbringing but there's way too much "it wasn't my fault" flying around these days. No one wants to take responsibility for a mistake. Personally I would try to work something out with the range owner and be happy that SilencerCo is picking up the bulk of the tab.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer

So was the RO fired? He should be.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    So was the RO fired? He should be.
    I'm not sure what happened to the RO but as I said there are numerous places blame can be fixed. It appears the situation was settled amicably and I would assume that the total cost of replacement was shared between the range and the owner of the suppressor.
    Range should have been immediately called cold, no question. Owner of the suppressor should have called the range cold if the RO refused and retrieved it himself OR avoided launching it downrange in the first place. I would hope everyone involved has learned from the experience and would do things differently if they had it to do over.
    I'm also curious as to what caused the suppressor to go downrange. Must have been attachment malfunction or improper installation but I haven't heard anyone say. I'm sure no one involved would want to go through a similar situation again so the initial cause should be of interest to everyone.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer

Top Bottom