• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.--
    [SIZE=-1](1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person's will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](a) The person against whom the defensive force is used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used; or [/SIZE]
    I read this to mean that if I am attempting to remove my child from your house, even against my child's will, you are not permitted to shoot me as you could if I were trying to remove your or someone else's child against their will. Kidnapping or taking hostages are what 1(a) seems to be covering. 2(b) qualifies that parents/custodians are not doing either of these. But... IANAL:)

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Here's a novel idea.

Maybe he should have held the boy at gunpoint until he got the facts straight... considering he didn't know if he was a threat or not.

If he'd done that.. he wouldn't be in any criminal or legal trouble.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    This brings back some bad memories, could have been me getting whacked with a pipe dozens of time in my teen years,, :rockwoot:

I don't have a daughter, if I did and was in a similar situation that kid would more than likely be dead..

Funny how things change..

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    This brings back some bad memories, could have been me getting whacked with a pipe dozens of time in my teen years,, :rockwoot:

Yeah no doubt... I did many times... but the last time it was a .44 Magnum in my face.

And that was the last time I ever entered any females house without her Father knowing.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    If my son ends for fornicating and other attentions. I will have been saved that trouble for myself. I made a promise to the boy that I would not be raising a bad guy.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Ok lets pretend I"m a father... have a daughter... and I walk in to a NUDE male... I'm going to think she is consenting... rapists rarely strip down to their birthday suits in someone's home... I'd say "Son, you need to leave RIGHT NOW". I wouldn't pick up a pipe and go running after him.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok lets pretend I"m a father... have a daughter... and I walk in to a NUDE male... I'm going to think she is consenting... rapists rarely strip down to their birthday suits in someone's home... I'd say "Son, you need to leave RIGHT NOW". I wouldn't pick up a pipe and go running after him.

I am a father, and I have daughters, the experience changes your outlook on life. I would NOT assume that nude teen = consent. I would hope that I would end the situation with a nude boyfriend on the floor with his hands behind his head, blubbering apologies while lying in a pool of his own urine.

But that would depend on his ability to follow commands and not make any threatening moves. His life would ride on his actions. I would not kill anyone without a threat to my life or the life of another. Being naked and in the room of one of my kids puts you high on the threat level chart though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, I'm going the other way.

As a father of two adult daughters, I will say the pipe guy needs to pay for his assault on the boy. The boy would have never been there, doing what 15 year old boys do, without an invitation.

The bottom line is pipe guy is, at best, a very bad parent. More likely, he should have child neglect charges added to the assault charges. His daughter was having sex, with regularity, at 14 years old! Missing this anywhere is inexcusable, let alone in your own house.

Naked boy should not have to be harmed, possibly killed, by this clueless idiot.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

As a father of two adult daughters, I will say the pipe guy needs to pay for his assault on the boy. The boy would have never been there, doing what 15 year old boys do, without an invitation.

The bottom line is pipe guy is, at best, a very bad parent. More likely, he should have child neglect charges added to the assault charges. His daughter was having sex, with regularity, at 14 years old! Missing this anywhere is inexcusable, let alone in your own house.

Naked boy should not have to be harmed, possibly killed, by this clueless idiot.

:) Someone that thinks my way.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Pretty big blanket statement there. You're correct that the boy would not have been there without an invitation. The fault for what was happening is not his alone, nor is it the father's. The daughter opened the door or window (literally) for him to come in, and short of alarm systems, listening outside her door, searching her room repetitively, etc., if she doesn't want him knowing, more than likely he's not going to find out. This is especially true if she's "a good girl" and has his trust. Running the house like a drill sergeant or a police detective is not the way to get or keep your kids' trust. That said, once he does find out, the loss of trust is the greater penalty to her. The trip across his knee she should take should be a walk in the park by comparison.

I fully agree that the boy should not die for just being naked in her room. I further agree that if he's really there by invitation and is confronted by an angry father, he's probably going to be blubbering for his life and making a big yellow puddle on the floor. If he's not doing that, chances are he's up to more than just a consensual screw. As I said, I'd like to think that I'd prone him out on the floor and call the cops to sort it out. If he makes a move toward my daughter or me (or anywhere other than the floor or the closest window), I'll likely take it as a threatening move.

I think that for an apparent trespasser, making a move that can be interpreted as threatening would fall within castle doctrine, at least in Indiana. I'm just glad my daughter is of legal age to make these decisions herself and that my relationship with her is such that she'd choose to go elsewhere for such a rendezvous.

Blessings,
    B

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield

I don't have a daughter, if I did and was in a similar situation that kid would more than likely be dead..

Funny how things change..

:+1: Yessir I can agree with you 100%. I did have to jump out of a window to avoid the father finding me one time but that's as close as I've ever gotten.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    killing the boy isn't justifiable in this situation imho, the pipe guy would've been better going to court and had an restraining order issued. I have a buddy who's little brother(16-ish) was banging his gf(16-ish) in his mom's mini-van...the gal's mom found out and got a restraining order against my buddy's brother.

Top Bottom