• rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I thought I’d do a quick range report on my new (to me) CW 45

I took the Kahr, 100rnds of 230gr RN, and 20rnds of 185gr JHP (all reloads) to Tri County. It was cold and I was in a hurry so I only shot standing, offhand at the 10yd range.
    1st – I have heard that the Kahr’s are accurate/tight shooters and that is what I found with this one too. It wasn’t hard to keep 5-6 shots in 2” at 10yrds. I was very happily surprised for a double action only gun.
    2nd – The double action trigger on this gun is the best I’ve ever felt. Nice and wide, metal and smooth as silk.
    3rd – Recoil was also very easy on the hands (I was expecting much more with the small 45) I’m not sure if it is the weight, the balance, or both but it has less felt recoil than my S&W 40.
    4th – It feed and ate both the 230gr RNs and the 185gr JHPs perfectly. It came with two magazines and I gave both of them a decent workout.
    5th – I really like the ergonomics of the CW. It fits my hand really good although it’s not a very large grip. The trigger guard is large and I don’t think you banana handed fellows would even have a problem. The slim body is one of the things I really like about it. I’ve been wearing it in a IWB I made for it all day and forgot it was there quickly. I do have to mention that with the slim body, you are giving up the double digit carrying capacity. It holds 6+1.
    6th – I thought I’d mention it also disassembles easily and cleans up in a snap.

Overall I’m very happy so far and here’s a couple of pics of the beast and a ten round group.
    NewKahr.jpg

Kahr10Shot.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Nice report and good shooting. :yesway: My CW9 matches your description. It is my primary carry. Very smooth trigger and nice fit.

One thing to keep in mind- If you decide that you want night sights, Kahr has just recently started offering them for the CW series. Enjoy!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Nice report. A buddy of mine bought one a couple of months ago and I was able to shoot it Friday and I have to say I agree with everything you posted. They are surprisingly easy to shoot without any problems with recoil. The more I read and with shooting it, the CW45 keeps edging up on my must buy list.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Tote a CW 40 myself. Excellent shooter and with the slim design, you forget it's even on your belt or in your pocket. Mag capacity is not that big of an issue for me as I've been a revolver man most of my life. Shot placement not shot quantity is the key. Actually have it listed for sale here so I can go back to a revolver, but I am starting to have a change of heart. It's just so darn easy to carry and .40 cal Hydrashoks are a terrific rd to throw at a BG.

CW9

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Greenwood
    I love my CW9. I can get two mags in the center target from about 15yrds away without a problem. I think I might move up to the CW45 now just for the extra power and 9mm is really hard to find right now. Great report BTW.

Top Bottom