• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sadly today I had to send my almost 11 year old Border Collie Mix Sarah over the bridge.
    Unbeknownst to me she had a large tumor that put pressure on her spleen and it ruptured sometime in the very early AM this morning.
    Surgery was not a option, held her paw and rubbed her head as she slipped away.

She and her Golden Retriever brother Cooper were instrumental in keeping my sanity after Mrs. IBM passed away in June of 2017.
    Cooper has been pacing around the house looking for her, tearing me up from the inside out. I'm a emotional mess.

sarah8.jpeg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    This knucklehead drives me crazy. I almost forgot how annoying pups were.

16 months Freya and 9y/o Lexi (On left).
    9ab99219883e78a0b4f7c651c28ce403.jpg
    3e6837b43a5979994e11f01f032918cc.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Sadly today I had to send my almost 11 year old Border Collie Mix Sarah over the bridge.
    Unbeknownst to me she had a large tumor that put pressure on her spleen and it ruptured sometime in the very early AM this morning.
    Surgery was not a option, held her paw and rubbed her head as she slipped away.

She and her Golden Retriever brother Cooper were instrumental in keeping my sanity after Mrs. IBM passed away in June of 2017.
    Cooper has been pacing around the house looking for her, tearing me up from the inside out. I'm a emotional mess.

View attachment 129153
    Sorry to hear IBM, he looks like a good boy

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry to hear IBM, he she looks like a good boy

Since me and Mrs. IBM never had any kids, she, along with my Golden are about as close to kids as you can get.

She was vocal, had her quirks. She let everyone within earshot know that she could see them, bark up a storm all while tail wagging @ 9 million miles a hour.
    Fiercely protective of our yard towards critters to the extent that a neighbor nicknamed her the "Sheriff" by the way she ran to the corner of the yard each time she was let out, then a full perimeter search to make sure it had not been breached. LOL

I could goto the garage for a few minutes and when I came back in, it just was not tail wags and excitment, it was a loving whimper and a happy dance.

I swear, a few times late last night before I went to bed I heard her trademark "plop" on the floor in the kitchen beside the water bowl and about 2 am this morning a plop beside the bed like she used to do. Wasn't Cooper either, Coop always lays in bed with me and he was snuggle right up next to me.

Guess me and Cooper have to get used to a new "normal" without her around.

Top Bottom