• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaleB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Bedford, IN
    I have a Ruger Buckeye Special Blackhawk (.32-20 cylinder and .32 H&R Mag cylinder) and was wondering if anyone knows of a source of cylinders to fit (or be fitted to) my gun. I called Ruger and the lady didn't want to put me thru to anyone (maybe SHE was a gunsmith!) and said I couldn't just order a cylinder. She said my gun would need to be returned to them so a cylinder could be fitted to my gun. When I went on to explain my real purpose (getting a .327 Federal Magnum cylinder so I could shoot those new rounds), she shut me down immediately, saying it couldn't be done. I don't want to have either of my original cylinders (chambers) recut, heck, I'm not sure I'd even like the new .327 mag. I would, however, spend the money to purchase a cylinder and pay to have it set-up so I could give it a try. I know Ruger is now selling an 8-shot Blackhawk in .327 Federal Magnum, but I'm just not THAT excited. Anyone have any suggestions?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Send the gun to Ruger to have a new cylinder fit to the frame and then have that cylinder rechambered to .327 by a local gunsmith. I'm sure that there are gunsmiths out there that could do it all for you though. Good luck.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom