• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaleB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Bedford, IN
    I have a Ruger Buckeye Special Blackhawk (.32-20 cylinder and .32 H&R Mag cylinder) and was wondering if anyone knows of a source of cylinders to fit (or be fitted to) my gun. I called Ruger and the lady didn't want to put me thru to anyone (maybe SHE was a gunsmith!) and said I couldn't just order a cylinder. She said my gun would need to be returned to them so a cylinder could be fitted to my gun. When I went on to explain my real purpose (getting a .327 Federal Magnum cylinder so I could shoot those new rounds), she shut me down immediately, saying it couldn't be done. I don't want to have either of my original cylinders (chambers) recut, heck, I'm not sure I'd even like the new .327 mag. I would, however, spend the money to purchase a cylinder and pay to have it set-up so I could give it a try. I know Ruger is now selling an 8-shot Blackhawk in .327 Federal Magnum, but I'm just not THAT excited. Anyone have any suggestions?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Send the gun to Ruger to have a new cylinder fit to the frame and then have that cylinder rechambered to .327 by a local gunsmith. I'm sure that there are gunsmiths out there that could do it all for you though. Good luck.

Top Bottom