• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    I'm in the process of setting up email for my employer and I've got a few questions. All I want is a custom Myname@Companyname.com email address for up to 10 people. Would I just use a service like GoDaddy and register the domain name as "Companyname" and then add their email service? And would I be able to use their email service with Microsoft outlook? I barely know what I'm talking about so any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm in the process of setting up email for my employer and I've got a few questions. All I want is a custom Myname@Companyname.com email address for up to 10 people. Would I just use a service like GoDaddy and register the domain name as "Companyname" and then add their email service? And would I be able to use their email service with Microsoft outlook? I barely know what I'm talking about so any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

trainwreck450b.jpg

Not gonna touch this one with a ten-foot pole. Some other technical person MIGHT step up, but it ain't gonna be me. :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Yes, this should work. If your company already has a hosting provider I would call them and ask them to help you. If they don't have one and you choose to use GoDaddy, just call their support and they'll be able to walk you through it.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    do they already have a website? If they do then the host probably already has email. you would just have to log into the host & create accounts. These could then be accessed via web browser. If you are looking for more advanced features, then some companies offer hosted exchange, can also sync email to smartphones.
    If they don't have website, then yes you can purchase new domain name & then create email accounts with just about anyone.

pm me & I can help out. I also have capability of remote support.

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    They have email it's just at a generic domain name and no one here knows anything about computers. They're all really old and were amazed when I showed them how to change their screen resolution on windows 98. I understand computers well enough I've just never done anything with domains.

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    do they already have a website? If they do then the host probably already has email. you would just have to log into the host & create accounts. These could then be accessed via web browser. If you are looking for more advanced features, then some companies offer hosted exchange, can also sync email to smartphones.
    If they don't have website, then yes you can purchase new domain name & then create email accounts with just about anyone.

pm me & I can help out. I also have capability of remote support.

Thanks If I can't figure it out Ill pm you. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track as far as having to register a domain.

Top Bottom