• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KCGUNS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2014
    Indianapolis
    When a status is Returned, that means the application was incomplete. You should receive a letter in the mail stating specifically what was incomplete on the application. If you have not received the letter yet you can call ISP at 317-232-8264 and inquire on the application.

KCGUNS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone know what it means when gun permit status says returned?
    When a status is Returned, that means the application was incomplete. You should receive a letter in the mail stating specifically what was incomplete on the application. If you have not received the letter yet you can call ISP at 317-232-8264 and inquire on the application.​

Send PM

KCGUNS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2014
    Indianapolis
    When a status is Returned, that means the application was incomplete. You should receive a letter in the mail stating specifically what was incomplete on the application. If you have not received the letter yet you can call ISP at 317-232-8264 and inquire on the application.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    If your status is "returned" make sure you call that number KCGUNS provided in his post right away. My status changed to "returned" and I called that number the next morning. Turns out my renewal LTCH was about to be denied because I had a 20 year old misdemeanor that I admitted to, but put 1997 instead of 1998. They had not caught that I was just a year off until I called and they double checked. They realized that I wasnt trying to hide it and changed my status to "approved." Had I not called right away it would have been a denial and I would have had to hire an attorney.

schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    11 days. Submitted local paperwork on Oct 26th. Approved today Nov 9. Let my 4 year expire and had to re-apply. Went lifetime this go around being as there was no change to the laws this summer.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Paid my local fees on Tuesday 11/13 and ISP Status Check website shows me approved as of this morning, Friday 11/16. Anyone know how long you waited after the site showed approved for the card to show up in the mail? I should have done the lifetime long ago as I could have already paid for it before.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Paid my local fees on Tuesday 11/13 and ISP Status Check website shows me approved as of this morning, Friday 11/16. Anyone know how long you waited after the site showed approved for the card to show up in the mail? I should have done the lifetime long ago as I could have already paid for it before.

Update: Thanks to Thanksgiving my LTCH arrived on Saturday 11/24 which is a little longer than others are reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierMyk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    From the time I submitted my online info, paid local fees, got finger printed and got my physical license in the mail it was about 2.5 weeks. So I recommend doing everything as close together as possible. I did my finger prints and local fee at the city county building in downtown Indy on the same day. Overall a pretty quick process compared to when applications were all done on paper and finger prints weren’t done electronically either.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Paid local fees. Then realized that I applied for the basically useless hunting/target permit. Now I gotta wait for money orders to arrive to the State Police.

edit: money order sent. So the wait begins.

Last edited:

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I let my permit laps, upgrading to a lifetime, just finished up the process with the Columbia city sheriff's dept this morning, so now the wait...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom