• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I think the reason why it's taking more than 6 months for some is down to a few possibilities:
    1. Misplaced application
    2. Very late or no submission from local
    3. Something popped up on your background check. Anything popping up, and I mean anything, will result in a longer wait.

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think I might of forgotten to list a misdemeanor after filling out my online application on 4/28. What should I do? I still haven't gotten any denial/confirmation in the mail. Should I just wait for the denial, and appeal? Or maybe fill out another online app?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I think I might of forgotten to list a misdemeanor after filling out my online application on 4/28. What should I do? I still haven't gotten any denial/confirmation in the mail. Should I just wait for the denial, and appeal? Or maybe fill out another online app?

Well, either way, you're going to be in the 6 month bad boy pile. Filing a new app would just gum it all up, I'm thinking. I think I would sit back and see what happens. Worse case, you get denied and have to appeal. The last guy I know of had to go downtown and sign a corrected app. He got issued right after that.

Just my opinion. I've got no history to draw from.

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, either way, you're going to be in the 6 month bad boy pile. Filing a new app would just gum it all up, I'm thinking. I think I would sit back and see what happens. Worse case, you get denied and have to appeal. The last guy I know of had to go downtown and sign a corrected app. He got issued right after that.

Just my opinion. I've got no history to draw from.

Thank you for your input, Lectric. It has been eating at me thinking about it.

I'm thinking that will be the way to go too -appeal. I'll update here when I get something in the mail.

Bl@zed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Hope, IN
    I applied non-L1 in late February and my money order was cashed March 7th. Still haven't received it and no reply on my emails. I have two non violent convictions from several years ago. Seems like a lot of people from the first quarter of the year are getting shifted. I'll let everyone know when I get mine. 23 weeks

aj1229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    L-1, & everything done on 2/19. Called 2 weeks ago & was told still working on Feb. apps. DWI in 90-91. 6 months tomorrow.

Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    You are kidding, right ? A week ??

The whole process was longer than that obviously but yes, not joking - same week turnaround from local dues paid to card in hand. The schedule was spread out due to me being out of town for the summer and difficult to make it downtown during the workweek.

7/4: Did initial application online.
    7/5: Went in first time and got paper sheet on how do next step online (website was out of date and didn't state that everyone had to do L1 now for Indy, we were fine with "Option 2" initially).
    7/19: Did L1 appointment setting.
    7/27: Fingerprinted at the Fishers mailing center.
    8/12: Went in and paid local dues in cash.
    8/17: Her LTCH arrived.

She's never had anything more than a Purdue parking ticket so that might have helped, but definitely surprised at the quick response. Her parents applied a while before us and still don't have theirs? [Hamilton County]

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    The whole process was longer than that obviously but yes, not joking - same week turnaround from local dues paid to card in hand. The schedule was spread out due to me being out of town for the summer and difficult to make it downtown during the workweek.

7/4: Did initial application online.
    7/5: Went in first time and got paper sheet on how do next step online (website was out of date and didn't state that everyone had to do L1 now for Indy, we were fine with "Option 2" initially).
    7/19: Did L1 appointment setting.
    7/27: Fingerprinted at the Fishers mailing center.
    8/12: Went in and paid local dues in cash.
    8/17: Her LTCH arrived.

She's never had anything more than a Purdue parking ticket so that might have helped, but definitely surprised at the quick response. Her parents applied a while before us and still don't have theirs? [Hamilton County]

That's awesome :thumbsup:

BTW, posting this from an airplane at 35,000 feet using GoGo InFlight Internet compliments of Frontier Airlines

deucide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    rochester
    according to the indiana state police website fire arms division ( ISP: Contact Us ) it is taking up to 14 weeks if you filed electronically, and 22 weeks if you filed paper. It has been 38 weeks for me. when i called western union they said my money order had been cashed on nov 28th, 2012. still nothing. they wont help or give any info at my local law enforcement office, or at the local state police post. when i call the main office at indy, no one ever answers the phone most of the time. when they do, the just give me a run around, and transfer me from office to office till the call gets disconnected. I tried the email address they posted on the website for getting a status check 3 times, never got an answer back. now if you look at the website the email address is gone and it says DO NOT ask for status checks. when i did manage to talk to some one on the phone, they never even asked who i was, just told me if i had any criminal history it could take an additional 6 to 8 weeks (way passed time for that as well). I do have a history but minor misdemeanors. 2 accounts of bad checks from when i was a teenager. i know people that had applied a couple months after i did that also had a criminal background, that have received there license 2 and 3 months ago. so what gives here? does anyone have any clue who i can contact, what i can do to find out what the hell is going on here? im getting to the point i dont even want the thing any more. i just want my money back. Hell, i even tried writing a letter to the state governor (not that i figured it would do any good, just thought i would try every thing) and never heard back from him. Any helpful suggestions here would be appreciated.

*** EDIT ***
    I was reading some more of hte MANY posts in this thread and saw someone recommended contacting local senators and reps, because people who do this supposedly get there LTCH issued shortly there after, so just emailed the sennetor from my district (thank god hes a republican) so lets see if this does any thing. Any other advice would still be much appriciated.

Last edited:

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    My wife got her's on 8/17/13. Her inital application was after the 4th holiday and she completed everything downtown on 7/24. I was pretty shocked when I opened the mailbox on Saturday.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom