• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Today is 15 weeks for me. I contacted the Fishers PD last week and they transmitted my app on 1/31/2013. They also when to the ISP website and found my app was still in the background processing phase. Lastly, they indicated that they are now telling people 15-18 weeks. Still not holding my breath.

I stopped holding my breath after the 16 week mark. Now I'm like, screw it. It comes when it comes.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    My wife just submitted hers here in Delaware county and was told by the Deputy that it would be 16-18 weeks... wow.

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    Got it!!

Well, I didn't think it'd EVER happen, but it FINALLY did! It's here! Hubby and I both got our little pink pieces of paper today, on the same day. I was shocked about that because I have had one arrest, sort of a misunderstanding, but an arrest nonetheless.

I don't know how to look up my original post to this board to quote the details, so here's what I remember.

Applied online on or around January 14th
    L1 prints done the next day
    Paid local our M.O.'s on or around the 25th
    I checked on my M.O. and it was cashed on the 30th, don't know about hubby's
    Pink papers issued on May 9th
    Received May 13 :rockwoot::cheers::banana::rockwoot::cheers: :banana:

I could look up the dates if anyone really wants me to, but those are pretty close from memory.

I'm going to our 4-H shooting sports meeting tomorrow evening, I just might make it my first carry day. Work off those first jitters with really supportive people, and maybe even get some practice time since we'll be at the range anyway. :smileak:

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    Applied Jan 3 L1. Met with Sheriff on Feb 8 to do locals. Check was cashed a week later... I'm more than likely in the naughty pile for OWI a few years back. Still hopeful that it may be speedy but expecting to wait a bit longer...
    :popcorn:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Doesn't matter. They would have found it anyway.

Is that true (the "Doesn't matter" part)?

I was informed, by someone in law enforcement, that if you had been arrested & didn't disclose that, you'd be immediately denied when that was discovered.

I also had a buddy who was told by his local small town police officer (while the officer was filling out his application) that you didn't have to put anything down if it wasn't a felony.

This was back when the lifetime permits first came out.

He was denied & received a letter from the state police (which I have seen) that stated that the reason was because he failed to disclose a non-violent misdemeanor that he had received some 15yrs prior.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Is that true?

I was informed, by someone in law enforcement, that if you had been arrested & didn't disclose that, you'd be immediately denied when that was discovered.

I also had a buddy who was told by his local small town police officer (while the officer was filling out his application) that you didn't have to put anything down if it wasn't a felony.

This was when the lifetime permits first came out.

He was denied & received a letter from the state police (which I have seen) that stated that the reason was because he failed to disclose a prior misdemeanor that he had received some 15yrs prior.

I don't know, you could be right. But, if memory serves, the application says CONVICTED not ARRESTED. I take that to mean if the case was dismissed, you were not CONVICTED.

:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom