7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Applied Online 5/13/16
    Fingerprints and local paid 5/18/16
    local approved morning of 6/20/16
    isp approved late 6/20/16
    received the card today.

Congrats and welcome to the forum Stone Age Dave (AWESOME handle by the way).
    You've taken a step on a journey many of us have taken. Handguns (WOW, revolvers, semi-auto, 1911/Glock/Sig/S&W/Colt/Ruger/Springfield), holsters (leather, kydex, OWB/IWB, strong-side/appendix/shoulder/ankle), calibers (.380/9mm/.40/.45/.38/.357), open carry/concealed carry, spare mags/ammo, night sights, laser sights and I think I just scratched the surface.

You'll find something that works for you. The first place you'll carry will be Wal-Mart (that's the first place everyone carries) and you'll realize most people are incredibly oblivious to everything not on their iPhone. Put another way, most have ZERO situational awareness (SA)/no one will notice you have a gun. If someone does, chances are they are also carrying a handgun. We have to maintain SA, it's part of it.

There is a great responsibility in carrying a deadly weapon. We have to know the law better than most. We must always represent since the action of one reflects on all of us.

So, "Stone Age" Dave, (I am gonna catch hell for this) gonna carry a 1911?? :laugh::lmfao:

Stone Age Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    ADAMS
    Congrats and welcome to the forum Stone Age Dave (AWESOME handle by the way).
    You've taken a step on a journey many of us have taken. Handguns (WOW, revolvers, semi-auto, 1911/Glock/Sig/S&W/Colt/Ruger/Springfield), holsters (leather, kydex, OWB/IWB, strong-side/appendix/shoulder/ankle), calibers (.380/9mm/.40/.45/.38/.357), open carry/concealed carry, spare mags/ammo, night sights, laser sights and I think I just scratched the surface.

You'll find something that works for you. The first place you'll carry will be Wal-Mart (that's the first place everyone carries) and you'll realize most people are incredibly oblivious to everything not on their iPhone. Put another way, most have ZERO situational awareness (SA)/no one will notice you have a gun. If someone does, chances are they are also carrying a handgun. We have to maintain SA, it's part of it.

There is a great responsibility in carrying a deadly weapon. We have to know the law better than most. We must always represent since the action of one reflects on all of us.

So, "Stone Age" Dave, (I am gonna catch hell for this) gonna carry a 1911?? :laugh::lmfao:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I currently carry a Glock 23 Gen 4. Honestly I would love to carry a 1911, but I know next to nothing about them. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    Submitted Online Application for my Lifetime Permit 6/1/16
    Fingerprints completed and sent electronically along with local visit paid 6/2/16
    local approved 6/22/16
    Indiana State Police issued the license 6/23/16
    I received the card in the mail today 6/27/16.

Apollo73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2016
    Cromwell
    Applied 6/20
    Fingerprinted 7/11
    ISP approved 7/12
    Waiting for card. 25 years old, no arrests. Only one traffic ticket in my life. Pretty stoked. My dad and I did ours at the same time, he's still pending ISP approval.

Apollo73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2016
    Cromwell
    Applied 6/20
    Fingerprinted 7/11
    ISP approved 7/12
    Waiting for card. 25 years old, no arrests. Only one traffic ticket in my life. Pretty stoked. My dad and I did ours at the same time, he's still pending ISP approval.

UPDATE: Received permit 7/16. Took 5 days from doing the fingerprints.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Kind of a funky situation but I'll post anyways.

Online application: 2/26
    Finger Prints: 3/1
    Nearly 90 days later...
    Local Paid: 5/26
    Call from local PD saying we missed the 90 day deadline and had to resubmit online: 5/27
    Waiting... waiting...
    Email to Firearmsquestions@isp.in.gov asking what the deal is: 7/18
    Reply to above email stating everything is approved and should take 3-5 business days to receive: 7/18

So I'm not sure what took so long for everything to be approved, but its better late than never I guess!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom