• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Who says you can't have a little class during the apocalypse?

Small Sebenza 31 double lug and Eagtac D3A Ti for casual dress carry.

lJjkzvy.jpg

blbmonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Who says you can't have a little class during the apocalypse?

Small Sebenza 31 double lug and Eagtac D3A Ti for casual dress carry.

lJjkzvy.jpg
    Im not sold on the new 31's yet. That's definitely a gorgeous knife. Is this your first Sebenza? How does it compare to the 21? Im currently sitting here fondling my Sebenza Large 21 with the Hex design and blue ano wondering if I need to get the latest from Mr. Reeve.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Im not sold on the new 31's yet. That's definitely a gorgeous knife. Is this your first Sebenza? How does it compare to the 21? Im currently sitting here fondling my Sebenza Large 21 with the Hex design and blue ano wondering if I need to get the latest from Mr. Reeve.

Nice. How do you like the new 31?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks it is a beautiful knife. This is not my first Sebenza but it is my first small sebenza, so any comparison I make will be to my particular example of a Lg Sebenza 21. To me the 31 feels dare I say smoother. The ceramic ball lock up is noticeable to anyone who has any experience with a sebenza. It's harder to thumb flip but I feel it's easier to manually open imho the detent feels stronger but it could also be due to the decreased leverage of the shorter blade. The tiny little bit of lock stick I have on my Lg21 is gone in the 31. The offset pocket clip and the smaller size, mostly the smaller size make it feel better in the pocket. Also the offset clip acts as a little bit of an over travel stop on the 31 which is nice. I wouldn't say it's a huge improvement over the 21 but it is a nice update. Whether it's worth the money or not to pick one up is on the end user to decide. I got a sm31 because I didn't have a sm21. If I had a small 21 I probably wouldn't have gotten the small 31 and I don't plan on picking up a Lg 31. So hopefully that tells you something.

Last edited:

SpydieSig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 26, 2019
    Lafayette
    Very nice knives everyone! I have been edcing a wood scaled Rex45 Shaman for a month or two now... but I have a ZT 0562ti in the mail today and plan to edc that for awhile now.

TheDude8102

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    Greenwood
    IMG_20170922_141352_374.jpg My ZT 0392bwbrz is usually what finds its way into my pocket. Chaves Ultramar and Lionsteel dom also sneak in depending on the day/occasion.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    20200425-211206.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Left to right:

1. Microtech Ultratech 2016 Blade Show
    2. Emerson folding Steak Knife 34 of 129 NRA’19, Thanks Kane!
    3. TAD Dauntless MKIII don’t remember which year run?
    4. Spartan Blades Kronos 2017 Blade Knife of the Year. Thanks Joey!
    5. 2001 Emerson CQC-7 #302. Thanks Ernie!
    Ok, you caught me, these aren’t EDC’s, but the steak knife goes with me on Dinner Dates, and the CQC7 is EDC for social purposes, the Kronos or Microtech goes when wearing suits, Duantless goes in the pocket on other suit days, can’t find either of my Sebenzas? I think I loaned them and forgot? I hope? Let’s see EDC fixed blades? I got those.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What’s the fixed blade? How do you carry it?

its a Boker M2. Funny story on that one, i was perusing bladehq a few weeks ago looking through the discontinued items and came across that. 6" of stonewashed 440C, contoured/sculpted G10, kydex sheath, all for $44.95. I've paid more than that just for kydex. So I bought it. It was designed by DJ Urbanosky of American Kami. As soon as I got it, i liked it, so I figured I'd buy a couple more at that price. There weren't any. But a few days later there were more, at $89.95. lol.

i carry it IWB weak side. IWB with kydex is really easy, just put a paracord loop through one of the holes for your belt to run through, or mount a steel pocket clip on the outside and tuck it in.

Top Bottom